A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
luce873

Re: No bed available at hospital for gastric bypass!!!

Postby luce873 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 am

Paul and Andrea, we are all with you in spirit on this awful journey. Praying for a peaceful night for you both,
Much love,
Lucy xxx

Sammy-Lou

Postby Sammy-Lou » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Paul, you and Andrea are in my thoughts, I am so sorry to hear how things are worsening. I hope Andrea is pain free and peaceful with those who love her most by her side. You have been amazing and how lovely to have you with her through this.. You are a wonderful tower of strength and we will all be here to help hold you up when you need it.
Sending love and hugs.
Sam xxx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 pm

What can I say? You are such wonderfully supportive people! It is, of course, because you know exactly what this is all about. You are the only people, outside the close family that are having to deal with this situation, who really understand. Thank you so much for your comforting words and support.
I came back home tonight, leaving my lovely lady in the care of her son (who is an urgent care nurse) and his lovely heavily pregnant wife. They are fabulous.
The last few days have been tough. Andrea sleeps most of the time. The odd moments she is awake are sometimes coherent, sometimes not. During the odd coherent moments, I tell her how much I love her, and that nothing has changed - she is still my gorgeous lady.
I will work now until saturday afternoon when I will drive back. However, I am well aware that I may get a call to drop everything and dash up there at short notice. If I ever win the lottery, I think I will start a fund for people in our situation - so that life can stop for a few months while you get things sorted out and do what needs doing. As I probably won't win the lottery, I will try to raise funds to help the research into this horrid illness.
I know Andrea has not got long left. I struggle with the thoughts of what should have been. But it's not about me..it's about her...so I must stop this awful despair.
Thank you all for your support. I offer you my thoughts and prayers in the hope that your own situation will improve. Hugs to you all,
Paul x

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Paul - you are so right - there should be a way that can make things easier for people in your situation. I really don't know how you have managed and have so much admiration for you - you have been a tower of strength for Andrea and those moments of clarity when you are there and saying lovely things must be precious to her.
Thinking of you and sending love and strength.
Deb
x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Dear Paul,

So sorry to hear that it is so tough right now.

We are thinking of you, and are here for you should you need us.

Jeni, on behalf of Support Team.

Catherine

Postby Catherine » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Paul, you and Andrea are in my thoughts often. Wishing you a speedy return to her. x

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Once again, thank you all so much for your kind words and support. Andrea is bed ridden now and barely conscious. Thank heavens for her lovely son and daughter in law who are giving her constant care.I am finding it increasingly difficult to remain down here at this time. Andrea was most insistent that I keep things going with my work down here, and yet I feel that I should be up there with her as the end draws ever near. I will be there in 48 hours, but that seems like an eternity.
Kind wishes to all of you. I may not be adding to your own threads at the moment but, rest assured you are ALL in my thoughts. Stay strong everyone
Hugs,
Paul

laura

Postby laura » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:20 am

hi paul, an absolutely awful time for you both, am sure you want/need to be with andrea, in spite of what she said for you to do, is it possible for someone to help out with your work, so you can concentrate, on loving your precious wife,
so difficult, i cannot imagine how you must be feeling, bless you paul, sending strength
love and compassion, huge hugs to you, love laura xxx

luce873

Postby luce873 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Dear Paul, hope you are safely with Andrea now, thinking of you both, stay strong, update us soon
Love Lucy xxx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi Paul - thinking of you and sending you and Andrea lots of love. Deb xx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you everyone. Andrea is barely conscious. She does know I am here though. She has a special pressure relief mattress. She is totally bed ridden. 13th day without food and having small amounts of fluid by syringe. Her mouth is kept moist using little sponges on sticks provided by the dn's. We will turn her in 4 hours to prevent soreness. So glad her son is a nurse. I think my darling could slip away at any time now. My poor love...

laura

Postby laura » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:23 pm

dear paul, absolutely zilch i can say, i cannot imagine how you are feeling, i so hope andrea is unaware of whats happening, and is pain free and peaceful, i am sure she knows your with her as you have been from the start. thinking of you both, love lauraxxx :cry:

louiepc

Postby louiepc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 am

Dear Paul, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this terrible time. I hope that andrea is not in pain, and peaceful. Much love. Louie xxx

Sueba

Postby Sueba » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Paul
I don't know what to say,I'm just sending love and prayers!

Sue B

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 am

My darling slipped away from this world at 11:33 Sunday night. She no longer suffers. My heart is broken. Thank you all for your fantastic support.
Hugs
Paul xx