A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
susikus

Re: No bed available at hospital for gastric bypass!!!

Postby susikus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Hugs Paul, when will you see Andrea again? Hoping and praying for some good news for you. You are never far from my thoughts. Stay strong. Lots of love, Sue, xxx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Keeping everything crossed, Paul - do let us know how the meeting with the oncologist goes. xxx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks Sue and Deb. I'm going up on Saturday and staying till Thursday evening. However I have an early finish tomorrow followed by a late start on Thursday so am planning on whizzing up there for early evening tomorrow and driving back Thurs morning to be at work by lunchtime. Just in from work again and am going to ring her sister on the landline so as not top disturb her if she is resting. Thanks for your kind wishes. It does help. Hugs
Paul xx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Chemo didn't happen on Weds following bloods results. Oncologist feels that it will not be restarted. Admitted to hospital with dehydration again. Small improvement after 24 hours on saline drip. Syringe driver still in place. Increased anti emetics dose. Still in hospital. Was there on Weds all day and will be back up on Saturday for a few days. I hope she is strong enough to come home after the weekend, but don't see medication in oral form as an option like last time. She just ends up being sick all over again and becoming dehydrated. Also, it's impossible to tell how much, if any, medication has been absorbed.
Keep fighting.
Hugs,
Paul

louiepc

Postby louiepc » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Paul

I'm sorry it's such a bleak situation, I hope your right and your wife can come home for the weekend. Sending massive hugs xxx

susikus

Postby susikus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:58 am

Huge hugs and much love for you Paul. Live day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute and make the best of every one. You and Andrea are in my thoughts and prayers, wrapped round with love and care. Can you ditch work for a while? Look after yourself my friend, we're walking with you, lots of love, Sue, xxx

Lulu

Postby Lulu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Hugs from me too Paul, try to stay strong, you are doing so well and my heart goes out to you. We are all here for you when you need us, I wish I could do more X

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:26 am

Thank you so much for your kind and heartfelt wishes. I spoke briefly on the phone to Andrea this morning and she says she is feeling a little stronger. Her voice sounded more like her usual self too. I'm going up ther this afternoon and will stay till at least Thursday. I hope she is well enough to come home at some point. Saline drip has been replaced with a kind of vitamin one. No sickness since yesterday morning.
Consultant got her another CT scan yesterday of both her abdomen and her head - apparently wants to make sure it hasn't spread to her brain and is the problem behind the sickness.
Keep walking the walk everyone and stay strong together.
Hugs,
Paul

Ella50

Postby Ella50 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 am

Paul, I've been following your story with tears in my eyes..
My heart goes out to you and my thoughts & prayers are with you both..
Sending lots of love

Ella xx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Thinking of you and Andrea and sending you lots of love and strength. I do hope that things improve so that you can enjoy some time together - glad you are able to stay with her for a few days.
Deb
xxx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Got to hospital in time for evening visiting. She was totally exhausted, sitting in the chair and had to get back into bed and slept for an hour. Was a little more lively when she woke, but I was only there another 15 minutes - which I think was enough for her. (I am happy just to sit there while she rests though). Then, around midnight, she texted that she had just been very sick (one and a half litres!!!). I was gutted for her. I have spoken to her today and she is quite cheerful. I am very worried that she has got the begining of a bit of a "pot" tummy. I hope this is not the start of ascites fluid to the abdomen which, I believe< is the early signs of liver failing to function properly. I am thinking this because she has put on quite a few pounds again quite quickly too.
At least I am here for the whole week. Going back to the hospital now - it's only 30 minutes drive this time.
Thinking of you all. Hugs,
Paul

Lulu

Postby Lulu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Paul, stay strong, what a fantastic husband you are you are truly caring. Be proud of how you are coping with all of this you are amazing. Huge hugs xx

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Thinking of you and Andrea, Paul and so glad you are able to spend some time together. You are both amazing - keep strong.
Deb
xxx

yorkypaul

Postby yorkypaul » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks guys. The hospital seem to have got the sickness under control at last (I hope it lasts). They are sending her back home today complete with the portable syringe driver that belongs to the community nurses that she went in with. She was very tired and so very low in mood yesterday. It may have been because her blood pressure was very low in the morning. Just spoke on the phone and she is sooo excited about coming home again. This time meds will be via the driver and a "butterfly" on her tum that takes the place of injections. Tablets were a waste of time before - she just brought them back up.
Back to the oncologist on the 29th if she is strong enough. She was eating properly at the hospital so I hope we can build up some strength. Just waiting for the next knock. I will not put my guard down for a moment. This disease is very sly in the way it packs another punch when you are not ready for it.
Can't wait for the call to go and bring her home!
Thinking of you all,
Hugs, Paul x

susikus

Postby susikus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 am

Oh I am so glad she is coming home! Lets hope all the symptoms can be kept in check for a long time - you are so right about the sneaky behaviour of this horrid disease! Keep your guard up but enjoy every good moment you can.

Lots of love and bug, big hugs
Sue
xxx