A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
francis

Re: Come on Eileen (My Mam)

Postby francis » Thu May 10, 2012 10:27 am

I Nicola I'm so pleased that things are going well for your mam. My mothers name is also Eileen and she's 68. They have had trouble finding her veins because she was dehydrated. Hopefully she will be starting chemo soon! X

NICOLA

Postby NICOLA » Fri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks Francis, again she's had to miss another treatment (postponed to tues), they have said its probably because she's dehydrated so gonna get her to drink more.

francis

Postby francis » Sun May 13, 2012 9:47 am

Hey Nicola, how are you and your mam? My mam is supposed to be having chemo on wednesday so lets keep everything crossed for them, yours for tuesday and mine for wednesday! Thanks to Louie Ive been giving my mam a kiss when I leave her too. Thank you Louie x
Well my mam is getting very tired and weak so wednesday cant come quick enough. Stay strong Nicola I'll be thinking of you both! X

NICOLA

Postby NICOLA » Sun May 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Update....Had to take mam into hospital today, everything was going so well with her treatment 5 weeks into it now. But the last couple of days she has gone down hill, they are keeping her in giving her fluids any antibiotics. She's so weak...
Hopfully she'll pick up when the antibiotics kick in, then the plan is to give her a mild steriod to help her start eating again....awful to think of my little mam in hospital especially on a night but I know she's in the right place.

laura

Postby laura » Sun May 27, 2012 11:14 pm

hi nicola,, sorry to read your news about mum, you must feel so anxious, its not "being there" thats the rotten part isnt it?
hopefully she will soon respond to treatment and be back home with you, hospitals got to be the best place for her whilst shes unwell, keep your chin up, let us know how she goes on. love laura x

NICOLA

Re: Come on Eileen (My Mam) HELP!!

Postby NICOLA » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Mam got told yesterday the cancer has got bigger and has spread.
Ive got a meeting with the doc/consultant at 4pm today to discuss how bad.
There is talk of discontinuing the chemo even though she's only had 5 weeks worth !!!
Feels like everyone is giving up.
Had a call from cancer care nurse today and she pretty much said its time to accept the worst.

suef

Postby suef » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Dear Nicola,

I am so sorry to hear such bad news. But don't give up hope yet. Let us know what the doctor says at 4pm. We are here for you.

Be strong!

Love,

SueF

louiepc

Postby louiepc » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Dear nicola, I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I hope your meeting gave you some answers and hope. I was in exactly the same boat and know how frightening this news is.

Take care, lots of love louie x

NICOLA

Postby NICOLA » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Consultant said it has grown a small amount on pancreas, small spots on liver and not sure about lungs. He said its bad, have to wait to see the oncologist on wed and he will decide if we should continue with chemo. Im hoping he agrees to continue as she has only had 5 treatments and they were interupted.

suef

Postby suef » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Dear Nicola, I am so sorry. Now you have to wait till Wednesday, very hard over the bank holiday with people in a festive mood. Do take care of yourself, as well as looking after your mother. I wish you much strength xx

ali

Postby ali » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi Nicola

be strong for your mum
this is surely a Horrific Illness
Do hope she is comfortable
thinking of you
Helen xxx

laura

Postby laura » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 pm

hello nicola. am so sorry about your news, words seem so futile, when your wanting action!
im sure they are not giving up on your mum, sometimes it has to be kinder to look at quality of life over quantity, chemo is so poisionous in itself and can have unpleasant side effects for your mum, dont give up love, live and love your mum each day you have her. we all take so much for granted, i really wish you both strength and peace, thinking of you, love laura xx

NICOLA

Postby NICOLA » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks Everyone, will let you know what happens on Wed, im going to push for Chemo as its really helped mam, she didnt have any side effects just tiredness. Been to see her today and she's really down, crying alot. xxx

rachelqt

Postby rachelqt » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi Nicola, im really sorry to read about your mum. This is a tough time for you all even more so when your mum is feeling so down. I really hope wednesday will be more positive for your mum, as the treatment was not to harsh on her you never know they might be willing to give it another go! Let us know how she gets on.
Takecare Rachel xx

NICOLA

Postby NICOLA » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi All, just come on for a rant it always helps, so my mam's been told her pc has spread a small amount, we were expecting to have a meeting with her oncologist today to discuss wheather of not to proceed with chemo (due for a treatment today), got a phone call this morning dont bother going for treatment until you have seen the oncologist, his next available appointment is 2 weeks time !!! To add to my fury Ive just leaned of a drug call Creon which she probably should have been taking !!! Rant over :-/