A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Cathy

Re: Heidelberg University Hospital

Postby Cathy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi Holly

Thank you so much for letting us know.

It goes without saying that we are all so very disappointed to hear that the operation wasn't the success you and we all hoped for for your Dad and the rest of your family.

It is great that he sounds so chipper so soon after though (what a man!) and that neither he, nor his medical team and doctor are about to give up fighting the war.

Please pass on our best wishes to your Dad and hope he is back on his feet and fighting the good fight very very soon.

Cathy xxx

InfoForMum

Postby InfoForMum » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Holly,

I am so sorry my love. You must be in pieces. Please pass on my best wishes to your Dad and I know he has already looked into Nanoknife as an excellent option to partner chemotherapy to continue to fight this bloody thing. Not something to think about today, but I get the impression no-one and nothing is going to keep him down for long.

I wish him a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with you all.

Sarah
XXX

Winkle

Postby Winkle » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Dear Holly and Family,
What a terrible time for you all, I can only repeat what everyone here seems to feel, that your dad's attitude will help him beat this horror.
He is giving us all hope, what an amazing man, sending all my love.
Kathy xxxx

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Just sending you all loads of postive thoughts and Best Wishes your Dad will fight on !!
Take Care
EmmaR xxxx

Tolliedee

Postby Tolliedee » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:25 pm

I am really sorry to hear this news...
Warm gentle hugs to you all xx

cestrian

Postby cestrian » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Holly, Steve and family

Most people say they regret the things they haven't done and not the things they have. Steve has given this his very best shot and although you will all feel gutted by this news you can take great pride in his courage and tenacity.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Steve and then I'm sure it will be onwards and upwards again in no time at all - you can't keep a good man down.

All our love and virtual hugs are with you all.

Love and Peace

Mike

Bee

Postby Bee » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Steve and family,
I am so sorry to hear that the op was not a success, wishing you a rapid recovery and that you get home soon.
As Mike said life is all about taking the chances and having no regrets, well done you!

So your battle continues but just with a new strategy!

I am sure you will be posting here again very soon!

Bee xx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:21 am

Thanks very much all for the comments. I known only too well that you are all behind me and we are done yet! Perhaps we can call this a trial run for now! If nothing else, I'll have a cracking scar!

Take care all.
Steve
X

Sueba

Postby Sueba » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:56 am

Steve
We are so sorry to hear your news about the unsuccessful op.
All we can say is that you've tried that option ,recover and then battle on with the next option,as they said the battle is not over!
Sending all our love to you and your family
Sue
Xx

AnneK

Postby AnneK » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:51 pm

So sorry to hear your news Steve, you are such an inspiration to all of us and I really hope you have a speedy recovery and can get home soon. Love to you and your family and know we are right behind you fighting this awful disease.

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Postby PCUK Nurse Dianne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Dear Steve, Margaret, Holly & Paige,

Thinking of you all at this time. Of course we are all devastated for you, and thinking of you at this time. However, we know you are a strong man, and 'onwards and upwards'. As we know, you are a much respected member of the 'forum family' and great that this wonderful family has been behind you all the way.

We look forward to having your everlasting wisdom and charm back on the forum soon, wishing you a speedy recovery and naturally support you through the next steps.

Take care all.

All our best wishes,

Support Team, PCUK.

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Dear Steve,
This disease seems to pick the strongest people and then throws more and more at them. Paul and I are gutted for you, but know you are so determined, so keep fighting on,

Nikki

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Back in the land if the living. I had a pretty crap day today, but am near enough back to normal. We spoke to the Surgeon who attempted the operation this afternoon and he confirmed that the tumour has totally encased and infiltrated one of the smaller arteries. In cases like this, they consider surgery to be impossible and with a high risk. They would recommend agressive chemo now, rather than wait for the thing to flair up again. We will see the Oncologist early next week to discuss the findings and recommendations with our own Oncologist in Swansea.

Obviously not the result we hoped for, but "nothing ventured" eh?

Take care

Steve
X

Birchen

Postby Birchen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:58 pm

So very sorry that the op did not go as planned as we have followed your journey on the forum. Hopefully they can get the chemo started asap. Good luck.
Terry and Lyn x

Holly13

Postby Holly13 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the caring comments, they've been a great emotional boost and support to my Mum, my sister and I, and especially my Dad. He has said to me how nice it is to know that everyone is thinking of him and it cheers him that people are taking the time to wish him well.

He did not have a great day yesterday (poor pain management i.e. Epidural drip was left to run dry!) but has had a much better day today, even eating proper meals, cracking jokes as usual and taking a couple of fairly long walks with no pain at all. So hopefully he is now well on the road to a full recovery. Then on to the next step... onwards and upwards!

Thank you all again, it's been so touching to see how much people care, it means a great deal.

Take care,

Holly, Paige and Maggie xx