A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

jay

Re: So far so good!

Postby jay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 am

fantastic news Steve , will tell hubby when I visit him this afternoon,his chemo has been delayed,
x

InfoForMum

Postby InfoForMum » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:44 am

Steve, just popping back and had to check in with one of my fave PC fighting fellas. Good to hear you're coping with the Folfirinox & fantastic news ref the markers. Understood the reaction to the "no fixed end" discussion about chemo too.

Wishing you all the best and keeping up my end mainly on Twitter these days with shouting about the 8th Sept parliamentary debate (in between deathly boring infosec stuff :-)

Take great care m'dear and as always awed by your focus.

Sarah

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks Sarah.......really good to see you here again after us all sharing so much along the way. Nothing new to report on my front other than Margaret and I are flying to Jersey on Wednesday for 5 nights (between flush and chemo). I have an extra week between treatments to allow this trip and am as a result feeling relatively good, so looking forward to getting away.

Take care

Steve
X

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:00 am

Have a fabulous week Steve. I hope it will be a lovely tonic :)

Cathy xx

laura

Postby laura » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:30 am

hi steve. some time since i have posted. and also spoke to you. am so glad to hear things are going well for you, and still receiving treatment, so pleased for you and great to hear that you both are managing to get some breaks in.
bri is still doing well. 4 1/2 years now since diagnosis. still gets tired and stamina poor but all in all things are good.
we wish the same for you, and all the other "family" on here, stay positive and focused , and beat this B@@@@@d.!!
lots of love to you all
laura xxx

Bowie

Postby Bowie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 am

Steve so please you gave good news with the CA markers and hope you gave a great holiday. Although James doesn't post himself, he always wants to know what you been up to and you give us hope. In terms of the flying, do you have to take any extra precautions to avoid picking up an infection? James' oncologist has advised that he doesn't fly because apparently since planes became smoke free, the air is simply circulated and potentially full of germs. We are thinking of trying for a holiday in september and wearing a mask, even though James might look odd that's the least of our worried.

Fiona X

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Steve, hope you and Margaret enjoy your break, you both deserve it, and it does help with the feel good factor, take care sandrax

Hope56

Postby Hope56 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Steve
I have just read that you are on ITV Wales tonight and wanted to say Thank You - a million times. Not only are you fighting your own battles but you continue to fight a battle which affects not only you but others too - both now and in the future. That takes a very special person. So good luck tonight, but more importantly good luck to you and your family. Enjoy the holiday. Thank You again.

PS I hope to watch - but as a Welsh girl who now lives in England I'm not sure I can tune in??

J_T

Postby J_T » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Enjoy your holiday Steve!

Julia x

SusannaUK

Postby SusannaUK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Steve,

I haven't had time to read all your thread but I must say you are amazing! I am quite new here and will try to get known everyone. You are all fantastic and supportive!

Enjoy your holiday, you both deserve it!
Susanna x

jay

Postby jay » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:25 am

Have a fab time Steve
x

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:11 am

Back home again after a fantastic break. The weather played ball most of the time and the Hotel was great. Perhaps most significantly, the good old diarrhea played up badly early in the holiday and brought with it really painful piles (something I have only experienced since starting Folfirinox). We never got around to trying Codine for my diarrhea, but Margaret happened to have prescription strength Cocodamol with her which I took to ease the pain. The pain went and much to my surprise, the diarrhea improved noticably. I continued to take the Cocodamol and my loo visits have dropped from around 15 a day to 4 a day. Now we are home, I was able to weigh myself and have put on 5Kg in a week! (I have struggled maintaining weight since on Folfirinox). I shall be seeing my GP today and asking for Codine to replace Imodium amd hope that the associated discomfort and problems with weight will improve.

I'll keep you posted on developments!

PS... Bloods today and cycle 9 starts tomorrow.

Steve
X

wackywacky

Postby wackywacky » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:25 am

Hi glad you have had a fantastic break, we too have been away to York and had a brill time. As for the bowel movements we ended up the other way (constipated)while away, had to end up getting him senacote still taking them now but things are improving must be a change in the water. Hope everything goes well tomorrow x

Bowie

Postby Bowie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:28 am

Steve, glad you had a fantastic break. James now takes codeine regularly, 15mg X 2, 3 times a day and then Imodium if he has an actual episode, which touch wood is much reduced. A couple of times he has reduced the codeine and he is straight back in the loo! The only problem is that it makes he feel a bit dopey and accelerates the affects of alcohol, but he still manages his usual quick drink in the pub before dinner and another glass of wine with his meal, so generally not too bad.
Hope all goes well tomorrow
Fiona X

J_T

Postby J_T » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Steve, great to hear you have had a fantastic break despite problems from the rear!!!

Glad you seem to have sorted it and put on 5kg, that's fantastic, keep up the good work. Are you, or have you been on TV yet?

Julia x