Peritoneal metastasis adter whipple advice

jessie18x

jessie18x

Hi all, 

I am wondering if anyone has had a simmilar situation. 

My mum was diagonsed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer last year. She had the whipple surgary and after recovery was given 12 rounds of Folfrinox chemotheropy. 

she was given the all clear by doctors in march but her CA-19's were going up steadily from 530 in march. 

She started to feel unwell with back ache and stomache problems about 2 weeks after being given the all clear. 

she was under the GP for the past 8 weeks and given pain medication. 

Symptoms got worse rapidly over the past 8 weeks and she ended up in A&E last friday. 

simce then they have found matastesies on the peritoneal and a blockage (suspected tumor in the bile duct) 

she also has a lot of Ascites (fluid build up) in her abodomen. 

She has been told that it is now plapative care with posibility of chemo to manage symptoms. 

I am the oldest of her 4 children (32), she also has a 25, 17 and 9 year olds with 2 grandchildren. 

We have no idea what to expect with all this as it came to quick a shock on how quickly she deteriorated and none of us know what to expect. 

I would apreciate aby adive on how to manage symtoms ect. 

The nurses in this charity have been amazing but im trying anything at the moment to try to undertand it all. 

Thanks in advance