My mum

Jacqueline1982

Jacqueline1982

Hi everyone, some of you may remember I posted about a month ago to say my mum had became extremely unwell. I am today writing this as my mum passed away on the 15th February, I stayed with her in the hospital and she is no longer suffering. I will miss her dearly, she was such a brave woman, too young to die at 48. This is an awful disease and the sooner they find a way to diagnose it sooner the better!!!

I wish you all the very best, take care xx

Am so sorry to hear your news Jacqueline and will save some thoughts for you during my fight for my partner's health. I think it's very brave of you to even come back on a forum such as this after such a traumatic event. It has taken me a long time to realise it but, after I lost my wife to renal cancer at the age of 47 a few years ago, I felt so traumatised that, coming on a website such as this to help others was, to be frank, the last thing on my mind. However, on this occasion, the help I have had from websites such as the Johns Hopkins and Cancer Compass has been immeasurable. I am determined that, whatever the eventual outcome for my partner on this occasion, I am going to type up a standard 'need to know' document to help others the way I have been helped myself. In those early days, you do, of course, run around like a headless chicken trying to sort the dross from the useful stuff and who knows how much time you lose by so-doing. I think it's very sad that this admirable site obviously doesn't get the attention it deserves (compared to the two I've mentioned for starters) because it seems to be the only one available to sufferers in the UK. The number of postings says it all about our country today I'm afraid and seems to come down to total apathy sometimes. Anyway, as I say, having been there before with the 'post-event' stuff, don't let it get on top of you - if you need any help, please ask .....

Hello Jcqueline

Iam so very sorry to hear about your mum.I lost my dad in jan this year ,he had a 8 month battle with p/c.

Your mum will always be close by watching over you.

Take care of yourself

Lorraine