New here

mojo

Hi everyone

My brother 55 was diagnosed stage 4 PC which had spread to his liver 3 weeks ago. He was admitted to hospital last monday for a stent he was put on saline and given Vitamin K, FFP? and plasma to prevent blood clotting. He had the stent on Wednesday and seems to have deteriorated since still barely eating and being dosed up with morphine injections. I am at a loss to know what to do there is never any nurses doctors to talk to and don't know what questions to ask if there were.

I've been hovering around this forum for 2 weeks and you all seem so supportive, if anyone can give advise I am going to see him this afternoon.

Love and thanks

Mo

I can't offer much advice. I know others can but until you get a response I can only suggest you ask at the hospital about Macmillan nurses. I am not sure if you can get advice at the weekend but it might be possible. You can phone the nurses on this site on Monday, hopefully. Good luck - thinking of you x

Hi mojo welcome to the forum.

Very sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis. He can come back from his current place once the stent starts doing its job. Will he allow you into meetings with his oncologist, it would be his decision. You need to know his full diagnosis and what treatment, if any, they have in mind for him. He may be able to have palliative chemo (its not a cure) once his bilirubin levels return to normal, the stent will do that job but could take a couple of weeks.

Id advise getting touch with Macmillan who are brilliant at pain control and will advise of benefits/blue badge etc. speak to the nurses here on Monday,mor email, they have a wealth of expertise and information. Get them to explain Creon to you, an important medication for pancreatic cancer patients.

Its a bit quiet here at weekends but do keep posting and keep us up to date with your brothers progress.

Good luck with it all.

Julia x

Hi Mojo,

Sorry I can't give you any advice on the stent problem, but just wanted to say welcome to

the forum, Julia has already given you some information, and there will be others to help too. I hope things improve for you brother soon take care sandrax

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Hi MO,

I am sorry to hear you are struggling at present with information and answers. You will be well supported by the wonderful 'family' that makes up this forum, as you have so soon after your post.

Please do feel free to be in contact with Jeni or I if we can be of any help to you, our phone lines (020 3535 7099) are open from 10-4pm Monday to Friday and you can email us on our support email (support@pancreaticcancer.org.uk) at any time and we would reply as soon as possible.

I am sure you will be enveloped from others here on this site, with helpful, comforting support.

Kind regards,

Dianne

Support Team