hello

louiepc

Hi everyone, new and old friends,

I hope that you are all well, (as best as you can be), I haven't been online for a fair time, it got too hard and difficult looking at the posts, and rather selfishly I needed to take myself away for a while. It's almost 18 months since my mum passed, a lot has happened, things are much better with my dad, we seem to have got through having a bad relationship and are on the other side now.

I have recently started a childcare course which is really exciting, although quite stressful, in fact I should be doing an assignment now, but am on here instead. :roll:

How are you Laura, Rachelqt, Ali40, and everyone else? Laura I read your post about Bri, wow, that is wonderful news, you must be so elated. Please please don't feel bad or guilty, seriously any positive news needs to be put out here, it gives so many people hope and a reason to fight. Enjoy the next few months and hopefully you get some more holidays in.

Take care everyone. Much love to all.

louie xxx

Hi Louie

Thought I would reply as we seem to be on the same page, as it were. I too have found it difficult to read posts and "selfishly" retreated, knowing that I was probably of little use to anyone. It has been great, however, to see lots of new members on the forum, all of whom are giving quite wonderful support to one another - it has eased my guilt somewhat. It's been 15 months since Gary died and I still cannot believe how time has flown but, at the same time, stood still - I am sure you will know what I mean! I am still in limbo. Whilst I was off work, caring for Gary, my job changed (or should I say disappeared!) and it was difficult to cope with, so I left. I have been doing temping work in the hope that something amazing will fall into my lap but I simply can't seem to find a new place in the world where I belong. I feel a bit like I have lost all sense of who I am now I am no longer a wife and no longer working permanently. Thank goodness I am still needed as a mother, or I would feel quite lost! I never thought that I would be mid-forties and a widow without any idea of what to do with the rest of my life. I have been scouring training courses to seek inspiration - so glad that you have found something you are interested in - good luck with that (I love the fact that you were neglecting an assignment to write your post - so reminded me of how I can put things off!)

So lovely to hear from you Louie and to hear that you are doing OK - I know how hard it is. Keep going. Sending love.

Deb

x

Hi there both

Please don't feel guilty about "retreating" from the board but it is lovely that you have both posted and to say hullo and the fact you have done, and offering support to much newer members is very brave and kind.

Deb, I am about the same age as you and caring for my partner so can relate to how you must be feeling and what you must be going through. I can't imagine it myself - it fills me with dread - but you are right about this forum, everyone, and the nurses, are so supportive, it's like a little extended family, all fighting together.

Take care both and thanks for posting.

Cathy xx

Edited by Cathy

Yes, I agree with what Cathy said.

Its incredible that you can still think of others and share your experiences and knowledge.

Thank you :)

Hi both of you,

Ditto what has been said before!!

Sometime self preservation is in order so don't feel guilty, you have both been through so much. I am so glad I found this forum and get so much from it, although I never would have thought it would be my kind of thing, how life has changed.

Hope the weekend brings something nice for everyone

Bee xx

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It is so lovely to have a place to put down thoughts, safe in the knowledge that you will be supported and find people who truly understand. How I wish we didn't have this awful situation in common, but grateful that the forum family exists. Sending all my love to everyone and continued strength, wherever you are on this difficult road.

Deb

x