Feeling silly!

jacqui

Hi everyone..just needed to ask if I should start panicking or am I really just being paranoid as my husband thinks I'm being! My mum was diagnosed last July with pc but I sought of knew what she had weeks before the docs sent her for relevant tests...I'd known a couple of other people with this awful disease. I seem to be developing the same symptoms...pain in my back and side that started a couple of months ago, came and went and is now back all the time Although nothing seems to aggravate or alleviate it. Tried anti inflammatries, co-codamol and even diazipan but to no avail. Had indigestion the other other for the first time in years ...no other symptoms..yet. Can this be a case of just reading too much info on the net concerning my mum and being totally immersed in what my mum's going through and getting sympathy pains or should I be getting concerned? Has anyone else ever experienced similar? I know this sounds rather pathetic but I'm getting myself in a right tizzy! Thanks for listening! :oops:

Hi Jacqui

Of course you are going to be acutely aware of the symptoms knowing so much about the disease yourself but there are lots of reasons why you may be having abdominal pain. When my partner was going through tests I'd diagnosed him with all sorts of ailments which seemed to match his symptoms.

Forewarned is forearmed though and, particularly in the light of your mother's diagnosis, you should be able to ask for and get the relevant checks and hopefully put your mind at rest quickly.

Sorry I can't say anything more helpful but have fingers crossed for you.

Cathy xx

Hi Jacqui, Cathy is totally right in what she says and suggests. We (you included) all know the the collateral damage of this illness on those close to the sufferers can manifest itself in many ways, both physically and mentally. You will have enough on your plate without these additinal worries, so do see the Doctor, let him/her now your concerns and get it checked out. If your GP is anything like mine, your concerns will be dealt with in a sympathetic but professional manner.

Take care of yourself!

Steve

Hi Jacqui,

Ditto what Cathy & Steve say. The only thing I can add is that the pain in my back didn't actually start for me until I'd had been taken into hospital. I started with stomach problems in June of 2012, then by October of the same year I became very poorly with ....what I now know to be diabetes & jaundice.

I was admitted into hospital on December 2nd, had the CT scan, they found the tumour and a few days into my admission is when I started to feel the pain in my back which was because the tumour was pressing on the nerves.

Just like Steve and Cathy say, go see your GP......much better you have peace of mind.

Take care and try not to worry.

Linda x

Thank you all for your replies...I will make appointment and hopefully my doctors will be more switched on and supportive than my mum's doctors who told her she'd pulled a muscle or just needed to change her diet! Will keep you posted And try not to think about it until I've seen the doc! You are all such lovely wonderful people on here and would have been lost without this site over the past year, love to you all xx