Too quick

treacle

Hi I have used this site and forum to try and make sense of my dads diagnosis and now suddenly he is no longer here. Everything has happened so quickly. After turning yellow in January and being told he had a block bile duct and cancer I feel like we have blinked and missed the last two months. In Feb we were told he had 12 months to live, he had two chemotherapy sessions which made him so sick that he was taking into hospital with low blood pressure and dehydration - he died 3 days later. Such a shock - he was a brave man but this cancer is just awful, my heart goes out to anyone one and their families who are going through this experienece x

So, so sorry to hear about your dad. You are right that this is such an awful disease.

My husband, diagnosed in March, has just had his first chemotherapy treatment last week and is also struggling with the aggressiveness of it. You just feel you have to try.

Stay strong xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Treacle,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's diagnosis and passing from pancreatic cancer related issues. Please accept our condolences on behalf of the charity.

Please do email us at support@pancreaticcancer.org.uk if you feel we can help you or your family at all.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

• 4 weeks later...

My Darling - I am so so sorry. No words other than that. SO so sorry. Hope you're able to draw some strength from somewhere xxxx

Dear Treacle

So very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing and how quickly and cruelly this has happened. You must feel absolutely devastated and undoubtedly still in shock. It will take you some time to come to terms with what has happened but know that if you need a place to share your feelings, you can come here. I lost my husband to this horrible disease and have some understanding of how you feel. Surround yourself with those who love you and will bring you some comfort. Love to you and your family.

Deb

x

Its been 5 weeks now and just 2 weeks since his funeral - I feel lost without my best friend - since January Dad was not well and I seemed to be his companion (He didnt want to put strain on my mum who had a stroke last April) I took him to appointments was there through the two chemotheraphy sessions and was with him as he died. I am so angry this cancer is snatching people away in a blink of the eye!! An amazing 150+ attended his funeral and we collected 850 pounds for research into Pancreatic Cancer for XX Hospital. I havent come to terms with it - am guilty that life just goes on - I just want to stop and hear his voice once more. I find comfort in this site and understand the emotions each and every person is going through.

xxxx

So sorry life is so very hard for you at the moment. Your dad has obviously left a very big hole. He was blessed to have you and you must have been such a comfort to him through very trying times. You did a wonderful thing staying by his side.

How proud you must have been to have so many people to come and celebrate your dad's life and what a tremendous thing you have all done, collecting such an amount for such a worthy cause.

Take care of yourself.

Julia x

• 2 weeks later...

I understand how you feel - the great sense of loss and the guilt that life carries on. It can be quite surreal sometimes can't it? Everything you are feeling is quite normal and all part of the awful process that is bereavement. Life takes on new meaning when you have lost a dearly loved one and I hope that you can turn your feelings of guilt into an energy for living your life as your Dad would have wanted you to. I don't know what your beliefs are, but mine have always been spiritual in nature and I truly believe my husband is tagging along with me and our daughter and would be most annoyed if I didn't take him on an interesting journey! Everything I do now and everything I see has him in mind and although he is much missed physically, he is very much with me in every other sense. I hope you find some comfort in a similar way. Take your time and take good care of yourself.

much love

Deb

x