interesting article

LindaH

Wow, Linda, that IS interesting. Thank you so much for sharing it. It really does make you wonder whether the NHS is accepting defeat far too easily when it comes to PC. I guess it does all come down to cost and the NHS just can't and won't risk any money.

Deb

Wow indeed Deb! Where has this one been hiding? After reading the article, this has gone to the top of my list of alternative courses of action if I am again told that mine is inoperable. It's sort of ironic as I lived in Germany for 34 years and only returned last Summer (apparently bringing an unwelcome, invisible passenger with me).

Thanks for the info!

Steve

Yes, it's deffo the NHS not prepared to take the cost of this operation. It just feels like pancreatic cancer is falling way behind all the other cancers.

I'd need to win the Lotto to be able to pay out that sort of money, when I've worked from the age of 16 and always paid my contributions etc, it just seems so wrong.

Lifes a bit of a bitch sometimes....

Linda x

• 2 weeks later...

This is nuts! I have been on to the German website for the hospital in Heidelberg and looked at how these operations are funded. If you live in Germany and pay into the health system there (which is semi-private, but fundamentally the equivalent to our NHS), the system would cover the costs. Strange, I thought the EU amongst other things ensured you could obtain the same services, at the same price across member states.

The lack of fairness for us seems to have no bounds!

Steve

We can't get consistent services across postcodes, Steve, how are we going to manage it across EU member countries!! I wish I knew the answers. xx