Chemo starts next Friday 1st march

LindaH

I just wanted to say, I start my chemo at my local hospital next Friday.

To say I am nervous - now it's so close - would be an understatement, but I am just hoping and praying like I've never prayed before, that even though I have one of the most rare cancers it's possible to have, that all will turn out good in the end.

My fingers are well and truly crossed.

Thanks

Linda x

Hi Linda

Of course your nervous, who wouldn't be, I was. The nurses on the chemo units are usually brilliant and I'm sure they will give you all the reassurance you need. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Will be thinking of you.

Sue.x

Sones wrote :

> Hi Linda

>

> Of course your nervous, who wouldn't be, I was. The nurses on the chemo

> units are usually brilliant and I'm sure they will give you all the

> reassurance you need. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

>

> Will be thinking of you.

>

> Sue.x

Bless you Sue, thank you xx

Hi Linda

Nerves are completely understandable - you will not be alone there and I really feel for you. I am sure that you will be well taken care of and the unknown will soon become the familiar and that you will cope - we will always be here for you if you want to share your concerns or your worries. Going for chemo does keep you in regular contact with the hospital team, so there is another place for you to get support or have questions answered. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and continue to think of you. I do hope you get on OK. Take care.

love

Deb

x

Hi Linda,

Will also be thinking of you on friday and as everyone has said just think of it as one step forward. You will naturally be apprehensive on the first session because it's unknown to you and anything new can be scarey but honestly Linda you will find support there and the nurses are fantastic. We have found we have built a good rapport with the nurses and reception staff, we can have a laugh and you will find you see the same patients mostly so end up building relationships there. I remember my husbands 1st session. He was so brave and I just wanted to cry but then these strange conversations started around us as he mentioned to the nurse he didnt want to lose his hair. Other people having chemo started joking with him that he wouldnt be part of the team if he didnt and would not be in their gang! We ended up having a good laugh!

Hope you are not still shivering. That was a good point Debs made about making sure its not an infection.

Take care

Karen xxx