Update on dad

Blue-Eyes

Hi guys thought I would update you on my dad it's been a while since I posted on here, my dad had a failed Whipples as his tumour was wrapped around the artery. He's been on GEMCAP for three months had a scan last week and the good news is there has been shrinkage. He has had no side effects from his chemo except some tiredness which is tolerable. He is having three more weeks of chemo then will have radiotherapy combined with capecitiabine for 4-5 weeks every day.

Still hoping praying and wishing for the miracle of a Whipples.

Best wishes heidi xx

Hi Heidi

Great news that your dad's tumour has shrunk, my dad is also having gemcap, he has just finished the first cycle and hasn't really had any side effects as yet although he has just been in hospital with a nasty infection. I hope your dad continues to tolerate his treatment so well and yes grab onto that hope and lets pray for some more success stories on here.

Sending you hugs..

Morwenna

We also live in Cornwall : )

Hi Heidi - lovely to hear from you and wonderful news regarding the shrinkage. Suggest you read "Hilary's" story in the real life stories section of the website - her treatment regime was the same as your Dad's and she had a great result. Hope her story helps you to keep positive and here's hoping that your Dad continues to do well. Thanks for keeping us posted. Sending lots of love.

Deb

x

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply morwenna I'm not sure how to pm on here but would love to exchange stories of our dads etc, no one really understands unless there going through or has been through this,and thanks deb I will have a read trying to navigate around the site so will be sure to have a read when I find it.

Love and best wishes

Heidi x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Heidi,

This is great news that your dad's tumour has shrunk, and it might be a source of hope for others on here. It also shows that there are real benefits to having chemotherapy, although not everyone will have such a good response. But, certainly, he seems to have benefited hugely, and with few side effects.

I hope he continues to have response to the chemo. And, great to hear that he will have radiotherapy too! We are hearing more about this being used nowadays. Small steps for PC, but positive in every way.

Kind regards,

Jeni.