No bed available at hospital for gastric bypass!!!

yorkypaul

Paul and Andrea, we are all with you in spirit on this awful journey. Praying for a peaceful night for you both,

Much love,

Lucy xxx

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yorkypaul

• DRAD3

• susikus

• laura

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, you and Andrea are in my thoughts, I am so sorry to hear how things are worsening. I hope Andrea is pain free and peaceful with those who love her most by her side. You have been amazing and how lovely to have you with her through this.. You are a wonderful tower of strength and we will all be here to help hold you up when you need it.

Sending love and hugs.

Sam xxx

What can I say? You are such wonderfully supportive people! It is, of course, because you know exactly what this is all about. You are the only people, outside the close family that are having to deal with this situation, who really understand. Thank you so much for your comforting words and support.

I came back home tonight, leaving my lovely lady in the care of her son (who is an urgent care nurse) and his lovely heavily pregnant wife. They are fabulous.

The last few days have been tough. Andrea sleeps most of the time. The odd moments she is awake are sometimes coherent, sometimes not. During the odd coherent moments, I tell her how much I love her, and that nothing has changed - she is still my gorgeous lady.

I will work now until saturday afternoon when I will drive back. However, I am well aware that I may get a call to drop everything and dash up there at short notice. If I ever win the lottery, I think I will start a fund for people in our situation - so that life can stop for a few months while you get things sorted out and do what needs doing. As I probably won't win the lottery, I will try to raise funds to help the research into this horrid illness.

I know Andrea has not got long left. I struggle with the thoughts of what should have been. But it's not about me..it's about her...so I must stop this awful despair.

Thank you all for your support. I offer you my thoughts and prayers in the hope that your own situation will improve. Hugs to you all,

Paul x

Hi Paul - you are so right - there should be a way that can make things easier for people in your situation. I really don't know how you have managed and have so much admiration for you - you have been a tower of strength for Andrea and those moments of clarity when you are there and saying lovely things must be precious to her.

Thinking of you and sending love and strength.

Deb

x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Paul,

So sorry to hear that it is so tough right now.

We are thinking of you, and are here for you should you need us.

Jeni, on behalf of Support Team.

Once again, thank you all so much for your kind words and support. Andrea is bed ridden now and barely conscious. Thank heavens for her lovely son and daughter in law who are giving her constant care.I am finding it increasingly difficult to remain down here at this time. Andrea was most insistent that I keep things going with my work down here, and yet I feel that I should be up there with her as the end draws ever near. I will be there in 48 hours, but that seems like an eternity.

Kind wishes to all of you. I may not be adding to your own threads at the moment but, rest assured you are ALL in my thoughts. Stay strong everyone

Hugs,

Paul

hi paul, an absolutely awful time for you both, am sure you want/need to be with andrea, in spite of what she said for you to do, is it possible for someone to help out with your work, so you can concentrate, on loving your precious wife,

so difficult, i cannot imagine how you must be feeling, bless you paul, sending strength

love and compassion, huge hugs to you, love laura xxx

Thank you everyone. Andrea is barely conscious. She does know I am here though. She has a special pressure relief mattress. She is totally bed ridden. 13th day without food and having small amounts of fluid by syringe. Her mouth is kept moist using little sponges on sticks provided by the dn's. We will turn her in 4 hours to prevent soreness. So glad her son is a nurse. I think my darling could slip away at any time now. My poor love...

dear paul, absolutely zilch i can say, i cannot imagine how you are feeling, i so hope andrea is unaware of whats happening, and is pain free and peaceful, i am sure she knows your with her as you have been from the start. thinking of you both, love lauraxxx :cry:

Dear Paul, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this terrible time. I hope that andrea is not in pain, and peaceful. Much love. Louie xxx

My darling slipped away from this world at 11:33 Sunday night. She no longer suffers. My heart is broken. Thank you all for your fantastic support.

Hugs

Paul xx

Oh Paul, my heart goes out to you. Andrea is at peace. There will be a lot to do now and you will be able to do it because you are strong. But there is no hurry. For now you can just be. My love and condolences go to you and your and Andrea's families. RIP Andrea.

Love

Sue

xxx

Oh Paul, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible journey you have both been on. At least your lovely wife is at peace now. My deepest condolences to you

Love Lucy xxx

Dearest Paul - so, so sorry to hear of Andrea's passing. Nothing can prepare you, even when you know it is inevitable and, you are right, this disease is breaking hearts every day. You have been a tower of strength for your lovely lady and she has been remarkable. We are proud of you both and hold you in our collective arms at this sad time. Take care, Paul. We are here for you, as always.

Love

Deb

x

Paul I am so sorry to hear of your loss but pleased that Andrea is at peace and no longer suffering!

You have been incredibly strong and an inspiration to us all.

We are all here for you

Much love

Morwenna

my dear paul, i am so sad for you, for andrea i hope she has peace, a very very brave lady, who had a very very loving husband, love and strength on its way to you love laura xx

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and wishes. You have all, through this amazingly resourceful site, given me wonderful support, inspiration, hope and practical information, and I can not thank you enough.I rushed down the nanoknife road - only to be delayed weeks by an allegedly corrupted disc containing Andrea's scan sent by the NHS hospital (when they finally got round to sending it)meaning that it was much too late for us to consider it..I pushed for Creon, and, after coming up against professional ignorance and reluctance, finally got it for her. Again, too late - things had already progressed too far during that period of bashing my head against the NHS machine's wall. If I had to give advice to anyone in this position (and I expect I probably will) my main focus would be on not letting your loved one be overlooked or brushed aside. My poor darling seems to have fallen through every possible loophole right from the GP lack of interest at the beginning of this nightmare, through ridiulously long waiting times, on to mistakes with prescriptions, unco-operative GP front line staff, pushing on to abysmal hospital care (in ONE of the 3 hospitals she was in) until we arrived at home care by the district nurses, Marie Curie nurses and Macmillan nurses - who were all, without exception BRILLIANT! The brilliant part should have been at the begining and all the way along the line. It wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it might have given her a little more time - time to see her new grandson who should arrive around 15th February, which I know she wanted with all her heart.

Today, I have a hospital appointment myself. The referral process began last Aril (didn't happen). I enquired again in mid August (Andrea had just been diagnosed) and was told there had been an oversight with my referral. I was referred again (allegedly). No news for 4 months! I enquired again 3 weeks ago and hey presto appointment is today! Same old same. Almost 9 months delay. Different area from Andrea (100 miles away) different GP same loopholes.

Anyway, the provisional date for the funeral is a week today - the 22nd. I am just awaiting confirmation. Oh, forgot to mention. It had been arranged with the GP yesterday, that Andrea's son was to collect the death notification paperwork so that he could make an appointment at the registry office (where we were so recently married) to register the death. Guess what? The GP hadn't done it!!! I rest my case. Even let her down after she had passed away!

Thanks again one and all. I will still be lurking around. Stay strong everyone. Keep up hope and PUSH for what your loved one needs.

Hugs,

Paul

Oh Paul, my deepest sympathy, I have cried tears for you all through your journey and again reading your last couple of posts! You have been amazing and have shown such strength, Andrea was truly blessed to have you and may she rest peacefully now. All of your friends here have so much love and admiration for you please continue to talk to us and the journey sadly doesn't end here and your peace may still take some time to come. In my thoughts xxxx