The longest days but there gone so fast

Jool2504

Hi,

Thought I'd put a new post topic on as other was a bit big.

Myself & my friend spent the night at Bills bedside, he slept peacefully. He's been slightly more awake today but seems very agitated. He also keeps getting the burps which wake up then he struggles again.

He seems better slightly than yesterday has some strength back.

Mine seems to be waning. Got 6 hours in last night whilst Karen stayed with him then I stayed with him & she slept.

This is not nice, thought he would drift off but he's agitated constantly when he's not asleep.

Wished I'd said more to him on Saturday but was so busy with visitors as he would want me to be & then he grumbled I'd been missing all day, that's one of the last coherent thing he said to me. I just want to hear his voice, to hear him call / say my name in last time.

Sorry not posted back to individuals.

He's still fighting it......

J

Hi Jools

So glad to hear that you have a friend to help you - you must be so tired. I do hope that Bill is comfortable and you are able to share the moments you hope for. Continue to think of you both and send much love.

Deb

xx

Jools, you must be so tired, hang on in there. You will be such a comfort to Bill to know you are with him. Hugs from a fellow traveller on this dreadful journey. We are all thinking of you xx

Jools, I am thinking of you both. Please try and look after yourself too. It's very easy to get run down yourself (listen to me talk! Everyone says the same to me as well!). We need to stay strong physically and mentally throughout this terrible ordeal with the support of family, friends and the medics. It's so very hard I know.

You are such a pillar of strength Jools. Everyone on here is rooting for you both.

Sending you both love, thoughts and prayers,

Hugs,

Paul x

Sorry to read your updates on Bill Jools. I had taken some time away from the forum and was sad to come back to read Bill is not doing so well.

Sending you love and strength.. keep talking to Bill, which I'm sure you are and I too hope you manage to get those moments you long for. You have coped fantastically and don't forget to look after yourself too.

S x

Jools has asked me to post the following

"We're still hanging on but slipping away, Bill's peaceful, a distant look in his eyes, trying to find his way, still wanting to stay a while.

His chest infection seems no worse, hiccups have calmed down."

She is having trouble posting to the forum from her iphone.

Jools, we are all with you, lots of love and hugs from all your forum family

Sue

xxx

Thoughts are with you at this time.. try and take comfort that Bill is so peaceful & comfortable.. and he'll know you're always there with him..

Sending big hugs

Ella xx

Jools, Ella is right, Bill knows you are there. So sad for you at how exhausted you must be, but glad to see the word "peaceful" in your description of Bill.

Thinking of you and Bill many times a day. Big hug

Paul x

Jools has asked me to let you know that Bill passed away at 5.30 this morning.

Hugs and lots of love Jools, your forum family are all thinking of you and sending you love

Sue

xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Jools and Family,

On behalf of PCUK, and the Support team (Jeni and Di), we would like to offer our sympathies to you and the family at this sad time. We are very sorry to hear the news about Bill.

Please be assured of our continued support,

Kind regards,

Jeni.

So sorry to hear your sad news. Brings me to tears everytime as you feel like you know everyone through their stories.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

ClaireX

Afternoon,

Having a strange few hours since Bill passed away. Have sorted out undertaker, & registry office appointments, bank appointment. Just feel like I should be doing something all the time, guess its as I have been so busy these past few months its hard to slow down.

My parents are here for the night, I think I have recovered from the shock and are now moving into the angry phase.

We have a funeral date of 03/12/2012, I've arranged the flowers. Popped to the church to take a look, expecting call from Lady Vicar tomorrow afternoon.

After days of listening to him breath and groan, he did pass away peacefully, I was asleep and his sister in law and nurse woke me as he took his last breath, we sat with him for about 3 hours and then saw him in the chapel of rest, even more peaceful looking, I won't be seeing him again.

My world has stopped turning.

J

Jools, I am so, so sorry to hear Bill passed away. I cannnot imagine how you must be feeling right now but please know you have been a tower of strength to me and others here. Please post again when you feel you can, I know this is the hardest journey and I also know I will not be too far behind you. With much love xx

dear jools, another much loved gentleman taken from his loved one, where oh where is this justice, my love to you jools, you are a fantastic lady, love laura xxx

Dear Jools, I am so sorry to read that your dear Bill has passed away. Thank you so much for all the support you have given us all on this forum through your strength and courage throughout this awful journey. I will be thinking of both you and Bill. Please continue to look to your forum friends for support.

Big, big hugg to you Jools

Paul x