24/7 its non stop since diagnosis

Jool2504

Big hugs for you too Jools. What a horrible position to be in. If everyone has agreed that keeping Bill comfortable is the only priority then can that be done at home so that he gets his wish and you get yours? They could step up the care at home maybe? Regular once/twice/3 or 4 times a day visits, night sitters? My love goes out to you, let us know when you can and you will stay in my thoughts and prayers, lots of love, Sue, xxx

Jools, hugs from me too, like your Bill my Dad seems to have dipped alarmingly in the last week. I don't know what else to say, sometimes I feel like I'm screaming silently. Stay strong and we'll all be here when you need us, post when you feel you want to but know I'll be thinking of you all weekend xx

Thinking of you and Bill and hoping you are both OK today. Do what you have always done, Jools, you have done amazingly well and you can trust your instinct when making decisions, difficult decisions. Don't be worried about whether you will cope caring for Bill at home, if that is his wish - if you get the palliative care teams to do their bit with you, it is completely do-able. I was absolutely terrified, thinking I could not cope, but with their help I did. That said, if it does seem too much, the hospice will be the the right decision too - they are used to dealing with these situations and will make it all much easier for you. Difficult times ahead but you are strong. Sending you love and wishing for peaceful times ahead for the two of you.

Deb

x

Morning,

Dramatic change, Bills been in the hospice since Friday when he was chatting, popping out for a fag, Dr said yesterday he's now got days. He's asleep most of the time, bed bound catheter & pads on, syringe driver fitted.

He said goodbye to me last night, held his hand against my face.

Slept here last night and won't leave now unless there's a family member of close friend with him. I keep waiting for his breathing to stop. I couldn't look after him at home & I think in his heart he would understand that.

Hope your all ok?

Jools

Courage, my friend, we are walking with you. Take each moment as it comes. Smile, laugh, cry and talk. Especially talk, talk to Bill because he can hear you even when he cannot respond. Lots of love and hugs and thinking of you all day, Sue, xxx

Oh Jools, I remember those unbelevable shocking words..

Take comfort that Bill is pain free and comfortable and he will know you're always there with him..

Hold him, talk to him, embrace the moment,

Thoughts are with you

Big hugs

Ella xx

Dear Jools, try to take some comfort, if you can, from the fact that he is not in pain. My heart is there with you as I know we are not far behind you on this terrible journey that none of us wanted to make. Your strength and courage has been, and still is, an inspiration to us all. Stay strong Jools and savour every moment that you are together. Love and hugs to you both. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Paul x

Jools, I am sittin here crying for you and Bill. I have learned so much as to how to cope with all of this through your posts and I know this is now closer to happening to me too. I can't think of what else to say except to say thank you to you for your support and that I am thinking of you always xxxx