I'm back

lynbo

Hi all, people new and old, it was my husband, Andy, 2 year anniversary in August, and would have been our 4th wedding anniversary last month.

So... Lots of ups and downs, tears, and frustration, but, I'm back, and feel like this forum is a little safe haven, I've experienced people 'moving on' in their lives - the people who were a part of my life when I was happily married, I feel that unless you have dealt with PC, then even with the best intentions, it's hard to understand.

I'm planning my next fund raising mission, watch this space

Xxxx

Good to see you back Lynbo! I feel like a newcomer still (though I do seem to have posted a lot!) and I found reading your posts very helpful. My husband Pete was diagnosed in August this year and died 2 weeks ago. It is his funeral tomorrow. This site has been a lifeline to me and I intend to stick around. PCuk is one of two charities that we have asked people to donate to (the other is Scouts) so hope we will do well. Then it's back to work on Monday for me - that will feel very strange as I haven't worked since we got the diagnosis. love to everyone, Sue, xxx

Hi Lynn, glad to see your post. I pop in and look but have found it quite difficult to post as much as I did. I look forward to hearing about your fundraising, I'm just getting things sorted for a fundraise in December. Take care Lynn, and welcome back. xx

Sue, sorry about Pete, I hope you find some comfort tomorrow. My mums funeral was really nice in a very strange way, we celebrated her life, it was lovely. Take care Love louie xxx

Hi Lynn - so lovely to hear from you and to hear that you are planning a fundraiser. You are right, it does seem that the rest of the world moves on while we don't. It probably seems like we have to others, I guess, but we keep a lot in our minds and hearts don't we? I lost Gary in April and our wedding anniversary is on Monday (19 years) - I've booked the day off work - not sure why - don't know what I'm going to do - just felt like I needed the day by myself to reflect on everything, have a good cry, don't know really. Our 27 year anniversary of being a couple is in early December, then there's xmas, and new year - it's endless isn't it, the obstacles to face and get over? Feel I am not alone though, with my forum family, so thanks to everyone for being here.

Thinking of you tomorrow, Sue, I do hope the day goes well and you are able to celebrate Pete's life and are able to smile and laugh as well as cry. Keep an open mind about work, won't you and if you feel it is too much, don't be brave and carry on silently, take the time off, if you need it. You may not, work can be a great distraction but take each day as it comes. xx

Love to everyone at whatever stage they are at having to deal with this terrible disease.

Deb

xxx

Hello, it was so nice to read a few replies to last nights post, although Sue, tomorrow's funeral - ill be thinking of you, my husbands was a fitting tribute to a popular loved young man, so I can't really say it was sad? As it was all about his life, and was often funny - he was a character, we all wore Middlesbrough shirts or red & white!

I remember the day and smile, only because it was a beautiful service, I hope tomorrow goes as best it can for you.

Work, everyone is different, I didn't go back, but, like Deb said, one step at a time.

It's nice to hear off the little family on this forum, much love to you all

Xxxx