Mother in Law update

charney

thank you for your comments, it is very heart warming, what a lovely

extended family you all are. I shall still keep in touch with this site

and see how you are all doing. love and best wishes to you all

cheryl

xxxx

Nadia - Support Team

I am very sorry to hear that your mother in law has died. Please accept my condolences on behalf of Pancreatic Cancer UK.

Anna

Dear Cheryl

Im so sorry to read about Audrey's passing. I hope you and your family get through this difficult time. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Takecare Rachel

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Cheryl, I have just read your story and the battle you and your family faced. I'm so sorry about your mum in law and the suffering she went through. I am going through a similar time with my mum who is 71. She was diagnosed in March and has had 4 months chemo so far but it seems that it may not have worked as she is getting abdominal pain when she eats and also nausea. We will know tomorrow. I have also found my mum gets a bit confused from time to time but she is eating and drinking. Reading your story has helped me to know what to expect and what to look for as the consultants are very vague all the time. I'm sorry you will face Christmas without Audrey. This is a disease I knew nothing at all about and I'm going to support the charity as much as I can to help find an early diagnosis but it seems once it takes hold you are very lucky to be in the 3 per cent. I

I wish you and your family well. Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa

thankyou for your post I am sorry you are going through this at the moment, it truly

is a wicked disease and people like your mum and Audrey do not deserve this. My own mum died of ovarian cancer, another cancer that is silent and hard to detect, they really need more research in detecting these cancers. My Husband and his Sister are joining Europac which is trying to determine if PC is hereditary and to find new ways in finding it earlier.

my best wishes to you and your family

xxxx