• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sooty

• laura

• louiepc

• Bec76

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sooty,

I'm so sorry to hear the news about your husband.

Sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

Anne.

Dear Sooty,

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. You have been so brave supporting your husband, and also so good at supporting others on this site. I send you my sincere condolences and wish you much courage for the days ahead.

SueF

Dear Sooty,

Im so very sorry to read about your Husband, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Love Rachel x

Dear sooty

I am so very sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this terrible time.

Much love.

Louie x

oh sooty, a big virtual hug <<<<<< xxx >>>>>>> i send my love and condolences, i cant think of anything to say that might help, here for you whenever, love laura xxxx

So very sorry to hear this awful news, my thoughts and hugs go out to you.

One small comfort you must take is that he is no longer in pain and at peace.

Take care of yourself.

Gill

So sorry to hear your sad news. My husband has deteriorated so much in the last month. So many things you have described, I am seeing each day. He is at home and I seem to be watching him fade away as every day passes. Love and strength to everyone. Deb

hello deb, hadnt seen you on here, wondered how things were for you, really sorry to hear that your hubby is so poorly, have you got some support, are macmillan involved? must feel its a vary lonely time for you, cos hes got a differant special. space in your heart.

chat on here if you feel it will help, kind thoughts and wishes to you both, love lauraxx

Sooty,

Please accept my sincere condolences at your sad loss.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kind regards

Millyjo

Thankyou all so much for your kind thoughts and wishes, strange that I still feel I need to login on here, like I cannot shed the common bond between us all.... I have been trying all evening to write the Eulogy for friday, how can I possibly put into 10 minutes 33 years of memories ?!. I am getting comfort from all the kind acts and words that are coming my way from friends and his work coleagues and learning so much more about him from different people. I think also that I am a little in denial, you know .. as if he is still in hospital, the reality will no doubt hit home on friday. I need to block out the past two weeks memories and try to focus on the good times. My heart goes out to you all, I wish you all the very best, take care ...xxx

Oh Sooty, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I had a really tough time writing Ted's Eulogy too - a lot of tears. I think you just have to go with your heart and try to sum up your husband and what he was really about.

I am determined that Ted's service is not to mourn his death but to celebrate his life and I have chosen some particularly irreverent music (a song which Ted really liked) to end the service in the hope that it will ensure the commemoration of his life ends on as best a note it can.

please do continue to let us know how you are.

Nicki

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, not been on here for a while, finding things very difficult, some days good some bad, it is the "red tape" that has to be dealt with that is wearing...little time to grieve...on a positive note, good news..at my husbands funeral we had chosen, PCUK and our village medical centre to be the chosen charities, so £700 is on its way to PCUK and £500 to the MC, who were so good to him and fast tracked him when he was initialy ill. I hope you are all doing ok and I hope that my children and I will soon remember the good times and try and block out the last few days of his illness. Love and very best wishes to you all, Sooty xx

• 1 year later...

Well here I am again, I log in every so often and then despair at how many other people are suffering this terrible cancer. It is now 17 months since my husband died, I have been through every emotion possible, if I am honest..I cannot to this day still believe it. Just had my birthday which I try to forget as that was the first day he felt unwell. My children are trying to pick up the pieces but finding it tough, they feel cheated. Great that new funding is now being authorised into the study of PC. Thinking of you all and wishing you the very very best.

Hi Sooty

I have read your earlier posts - you seem to have had a terrible time and were very brave.

I hope things get easier for you and for your children and thank you for posting and wishing us your best wishes. It's really appreciated.

Take care

Cathy xx

hi there sooty,, really nice to hear from you, i too look in occassionally, dont post too often find it difficult, so much sadness, bri is doing real well still, diabetes is back and on insulin, but is controlled ok.

you had such a difficult, short time, , no wonder you still feel all over the place.

i really feel for you, but dont really know how you feel, if that makes sense, hope you wont feel upset me replying to you?

hi to anyone still on here who remembers me! hope you are all coping ok, and wishing all newcomers strength and best wishes, stay positive am sure it helps.

love laura xxx :) :)