How are you Nicki

millyjo

Hello it's been a while since I posted, but I check in regularly.

It is a comfort for some reason, as still struggling with my life without mum.

Anyway, I wondered how things are with everyone, particularly Nicki.

I hope things are ok.

Think about you all.

Love

Millyjo xx

hello millijo,, sorry i'm not nicky ! just posted to john who also lost his mum in august, perhaps you could "chat" with him, ? guess he would have a better idea of what youre going through, dont expect too much to soon of yourself, someone has gone from your life who was a big part for a long time! nice to know you look at "us" and see how we're doing, so much changes so quick on here, so sad,

take care and am sure nicky will be in touch love laura xx

Hi Millyjo...

You replied to me when I first posted all those months ago, it was appreciated..still is.

Time seems to have gone so fast this year and so much has happened, wish I could go back..

I am still struggling to come to terms with it all, and I miss her so much so probably understand totally how you are feeling. I don't know about you but I've had some (to me) strange knock on effects of Mum's death that I don't particularly want to share here, but if you need someone to chat with I am happy for the moderator to give you my email..

Takecare and best wishes

John

Hi MillyJo,

I still look occasionally to see how everybody is too. I kind of find it reasuring that your not the only one going through this. Been three months since Dad left. I still get very angry, especially when you hear about the advances in cancer on the news. We only knew for 6 weeks. Miss him greatly, especially our chats on the phone. Not looking forward to Christmas, spending it with mum to help her. She has been amazing, but I worry about her so much. But it is one day at a time and I always think about my Dad positively and be thankful for what I had.

Robyn

hi

i also look at boards and sometimes post

my mum died in June after a very short ilness and diagnosis

still very hard and some days think "did it really happen ?"

last week thurs till sun we went to Brussels to visit our daughter

on the flight out tears came easily just thinking about mum etc. and how she would have been so proud of her grandaughter etc and then you realise you are not or will not be able to tell her anything face to face again.

thinking of you all especially those who have lost someone since i joined these boards and of june

Helen xx

Hi Millyjo and it's great to hear from you.

Both Ted and I are good - after three years he finally got up the confidence to agree to go on holiday and it was such a welcome break! I think it did us both the world of good and it's re-envigorated us for a while which is welcome because Ted's next oncology appointment is 7 December and I have a feeling it's not going to be good news. Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic because I can't believe how lucky we've been to date?!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still struggling without Mum. She wouldn't want that. I'm sending comforting thoughts your way and to Robyn and Helen too.

Love

Nicki