Michelle's story

mel

Hi i'm Melanie, im 21 and i am new to the site. I have joined on behalf of my sister Michelle, who sadly passed away 2 weeks ago (aged 24) after being diagnosed with Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. I know she wanted to get her story on here so I am doing it for her.

Michelle was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago after repeatidly going to her GP with integestion and digestive problems. Doctors did try and operate but decided they could not touch the tumor as would cause more harm then good.

She had several courses of radio and chemo, and doctors were optomistic at first due to Michelle's young age. Sadly this had no affect and the cancer continued to spread. Michelle was given a prognosis of just 6 months.

Michelle had so much to do, so much she wanted to achieve in such a short time. She was admitted to the hospice about 8 weeks ago, and this is where she got married to her longterm boyfriend Dan, it was such a lovely day. Although Michelle could not get out of bed the registrar came to the hospice and the ceremony was in her room.

Me and my whole family were with Michelle when she passed away, she was so brave and i know i will take her strength with me through my life. She did not seem in too much pain as the nurses made her as comfortable as possible.

My sister was so strong and kept fighting until the very end. It was her strength and fearlessness that kept me and my family going throughout.

I would just like to say to anyone going through this that my thoughts are with you all. x

Hi Mel

I read your post and it bought a tear to my eye. It was like I was writing it myself. My sister was diagnosed with PC in November 06 - she died in March this year. She was 33. Like your sister mine was so strong I still ask myself where she could possibly have got the strength from to get through this horrific disease. One minute living life to the full the next this. I presume you are going through complete disbelief at the moment. I still have that now 6 months later. I have so many questions. Life seems so unfair. Both our sisters were way too young for this. It just doesnt seem right.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. I just wanted you to know that I know exactly how you must feel right now - I am sure somehow you will find the strength to get through life how your sister would have wanted you to.

Take care.

angelinamacc

Hi Mel

I am really sorry for your dreadful loss and my heart goes out to you and your family, you have been so brave and sound like Michelle couldn't have had a better sister.

My mum is living with PC she has had surgery 2 years ago which was successful but she has still been left with a few unpleasant symptoms. She is however 78 and has had a good life and still enjoys it now most days.

We must all learn to take each day and do our best with it and not get dragged down with the silly little things that people moan about.

You sound like a lovely girl and I am sure you will live life to the full for you and your dear Michelle.

God Bless

Angie