Christmas new year and birthday

gemma

Well I got through Christmas smiling but crying inside new years eve was bed early, and then the 3rd Jan it would have been my solemates birthday. The anger is still fresh, that they did not find this terrible tumour. It is so hard to live without the fun man who served his country, and worked hard for his family to have a good life. Much more must be done to make people aware of Pancreatic cancer THE SILENT KILLER.

Hi Gemma

I can certainly understand why you're still angry - you didn't even have enough time to come to terms with the diagnosis before he passed away. All these big occasions (Christmas, New Year, Birthdays, Anniversaries) are extremely difficult, so give yourself some credit for just getting through it, particularly since you had three one on top of the other.

If you want to increase awareness please do contact PCUK, who will be able to help you to channel your energy in the best way. You can email on enquiries@pancreaticcancer.org.uk or admin@pancreaticcancer.org.uk. If you can save one person the pain you're going through now it's worthwhile.

Post as often as you need and although I know it's small consolation I'm sending strength and comforting thoughts your way.

Love

Nicki x

Hi Gemma

Big hugs to you, It would be my Andy's 40th at the end of this month.

Christmas and New Year was a nightmare for me too, so I know what you mean xxxxxxxxxxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone thank you for your kind thoughts. to know it is not just me going through the pain of my wonderful husband dying, and that there is others who have gone through this and are responding to my message makes me feel that I am not alone.

At the moment I am still trying to get a job. as I cared for him for ten years after he suffered his first stroke and at 58 no one wants to employ you. I will get there. Thank you once again

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Gemma,

Just reading that you were looking for jobs.

Have you thought about becoming a healthcare worker? I only ask as they would not be "ageist". They take folk on at all ages. And since you have spent 10 years caring for your late husband, it might be worth a try? Local hospitals, care homes, hospices would all be happy I am sure.

Unless it would be too close to what you have been doing?

Jeni.