what do you do when someone online?

lynbo

Hi Lynbo

Afraid you can't chat or email anyone if they are online. Not sure why it shows us as "online" if we can't do anything about it.

It would be nice to have a chat room so we could talk to each other. Sometimes you just need that immediate contact, don't you?

Ellie

x

Hi Lynbo: Sorry to hear this has caused you confusion. As far as I’m aware -and I’m sooo not a technical person!- the ‘Online’ status you see on the board when a user is logged in is a feature of the system as currently configured (indeed it may have always been set this way since it started, but doubtless could be changed). Agreed it’s not that useful since, as Ellie points out, you can’t directly email or chat with anyone. However it does give you an idea of who is around/active.

I can also see, as Ellie suggests, there are times when more immediate/direct contact would be helpful. So perhaps this is something the charity could look at in future - I’ll pass that on.

By the way, it sometimes happens that a user asks us for direct contact with another member and we’re happy to oblige as long as that person consents. (To protect your security, we don’t allow posting of personal contact details such as email addresses on the board.)

Warm regards, Vee [ moderator@pancreaticcancer.org.uk ]

Hi Vee

I did wonder why this forum doesn't have a chat room. Is it a matter of cost or someone having to moderate it?

Like I said earlier, sometimes it would be so nice to chat to people you have had contact with on here, to share concerns, get info and sometimes just have someone there when you need to talk. I know this forum is very small, compared to the bigger cancer charities, so I suppose there wouldn't be a lot of us using it.

Not trying to knock what we have on here - many, many thanks to whoever organises the PCUK site and especially the forum. It really has been a help to me over the past 2 years.

Best wishes to all

Ellie

x

Hi Ellie and Vee

confusion over, also as it says you can 'add people as friends' on one part, I thought this was so you can chat to them?

I am totally in agreement that this site is a great help, but also, I am having to wait 8 weeks for a counsellor, so I would love to chat online sometimes? it may help me from shouting at my parents/dog/the wall??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx