"Our Beautiful Tracy" - She won her Battle

Ant11

Dear Annette

My heart go's out to you all. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you as a family. The hopelessnes I felt when I was first diagnosed was terrible. I couldn't find anything positive to read about this dreadful disease and then I read Tracy's story on here. For the first time I felt some hope. Her story was amazing and I just read it over and over. I did not know Tracy but she sounded like an amazing woman and life is just not fair at all when it takes someone who is so loved and who loves life away from their life and family.

I told you in an email that I was planning on doing some fundraising for November which is Pancreatic cancer awareness month. The plans are coming together nicely and I will let you know more details as they come together.

lots of love

Ruth xxx

Dearest Ruth, Thanks for your lovely reply. You are so much like Tracy in almost every detail, just you're younger. Tracy felt the same at diagnosis and Chris found a video of a man in America whose diagnosis was the same as Tracy's. They were so helpful and gave us a lot of information. They kept us positive. We are still in contact with his daughter in America and he is still going strong some 3½ years on. I know she will be willing you on and would have loved to have met you too. Tracy like so many others is an inspiration and only those understand who have this vile disease in their lives.

Just having a wobble today, need to sort myself out.

Keep fighting Ruth, and yes will keep in contact via email. I would love to help with the fundraising if at all possible,

Love to you and your lovely family. Annette xxxx

What a truly lovely idea Annette to do this on such a special day. I'm so sorry to hear you are having a wobble. You know where I am sweetheart is I can help or just be a (very large) shoulder to cry on xxx

Doesn't seem possible to me either that it's been 5months. Scary how quickly that has passed but also it must still seem like yesterday. Feels odd to me too as we were following each others lives so closely and that means you get very emotionally involved!

Much love to all you guys

Rob

x

Hi Rob

I know,it just doesn't seem real. We still follow your updates and the blog's and I agree when you become close to people battling the same you do feel emotionally involved. We think of you both all the time too. Only people on this journey understand just how hard it is.

Hope things are moving for you both and that you're not getting too stressed out?

Returning lots of love back to you and Carl from us all too. Annette xxxxxx

Hi Annette,

Just wanted to send you a big hug and lots of love. My Mum died 6 months ago and I miss her so much!

Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

Sue xxx

Hi Sue

I often think about you and your journey with your Mum. It is heartbreaking as this vile disease continues to rage and destroy the lives of so many including us. All you seem to be able to remember are the struggles and pain they go through, it just breaks your heart.

Would love to be in touch, maybe ask the support nurses for my email if you feel up to it?

Annette xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Annette, Its funny how 5 months can seem like a lifetime or the blink of an eye, grief is a crazy thing to live through. The special day sounds lovely and I am sure Tracey was with you all, take care sandrax xx

• 7 months later...

Cannot believe it's now been a year since Tracy won her battle and passed over to the other side. (19th March). Not a day goes by without thinking about her beauty, and what a huge impact she had on our lives. She's left a huge void for us all, especially her wonderful husband Chris, Oliver and Georgia, who were her reasons for fighting so hard.

I visit the page to keep up to date with all you warriors and my PC family, it just still feels so surreal, but I know for sure she is around us all as she sends signs.

Keep fighting guys, we have to stop this vile disease from continuing to destroy our loved ones. Love to you all. Annette xxx

Hi Annette, Its hard to believe that a year has passed since you lost your beloved Tracy, I hope you are all doing okay, or as well as can be expected anyway. Its 2 years this month since I lost Trevor, and its still so hard, but we just have to cope as best we can, but I still miss him dreadfully. sending love and strength to you all take care sandrax xx

Annette, they will stop this disease. It will be a bitter sweet day when it comes. I can't believe how quickly time goes, nearly 2 months since we lost dad but it feels like yesterday. You are a strong lovely lady with the most beautiful family. Stay strong for them my lovely. x