Our Story

boa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Today it is six months since Stephen died. Sometimes it has been difficult but there have been good times too. At the end of May on the day after what was the 68th anniversary of his birth his boating pals took the boat out on to the Firth of Forth and scattered his ashes. His brother in law (who sits in the House of Lords and sometimes goes to the All Party Committee on PC) also went in the boat but his sister and I watched from the shore. As they moved to the place where they were going to anchor they met a RN Frigate so they dipped their flag in salute and the Frigate dipped theirs.That meant a lot to the boat party.

I have been thinking about leaving this forum and now the time is right. I wish those of you with cancer or supporting someone the best possible outcome and to those of you who have lost someone I hope that it gets easier as time goes on.

Thank you for your support over the last year.

Catherine

Dear Catherine

Thank you so much for sharing your story here and for your very supportive posts to others. You have had the most heartbreaking year and clearly you couldn't have done more for Stephen. Someone said on another forum that PC is like trying to holding back the tide with your hands. You had a tsunami to deal with.

You mention that there have been a few good times recently...may you have more and more each day.

If I don't 'see' you here again, I wish you the very best for the future.

Love, W&M xx

Hi Catherine,

You have been of great support to members on here even through the difficult times you have had. I wish you much happiness in your future endeavours.

x

Hi Catherine,

It is 6 months this month that my Mum passed away as well. I very rarely post now but I do read the stories. I hope you find happiness in the future and I wish you well. Stay strong.

Love Sue xxx

HI Catherine,

I was very sad (sorry for myself) to read you were leaving us. I have really valued your posts and felt the waves of friendship across the interweb when they were most needed. Even through your own painful loss you have stayed and held our hands. My reaction was selfish.

I wish you good things for your life and for those you love. You can and must move on from here and live the life you have to it's fullest otherwise why do we all fight so hard to keep people alive? May you feel the sun, drink good wine, meet kind, fun loving people and be blessed with good health M xx

Thank you for responses. If anyone wants to stay in touch privately then I am happy for the moderator to give you my email. Best wishes to all.