Thanks everyone ...

emcee46

Thanks everyone so much for your thoughts and guidance over my partner Ane's adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas. We just lost her yesterday morning at The xx in xx.

As I gather it, this particular variant of PC really doesn't often take prisoners and hasn't really provided anyone who survived long enough to collect data from in the past (?). Either way, my Danish Pastry (as I called her) managed to last sixteen months and only succumbed to uncontrollable internal bleeding which could not be arrested due to her fragility (she'd gone down to a size 5/6 as an estimate).

From what I could gather, her tumour was still regarded as 'stable' at the time of her slipping away - everything else had just taken its toll on her poor little body.

So we move on (this was the second time for me in dealing with this hideous disease in one I loved). But thanks again everyone for your advice and for constantly giving me the mental stabilisation to carry on. God speed in your own fights and much love.

Mark

Thanks for your thoughts as well Ellie and Juliana. We're burying 'my girl' tomorrow but my thoughts have to go back to our original objective, which I suppose is the same for all cancer victims:- to keep them going as healthily and as happily as you can until something comes along that will REALLY zap this damned thing. I think we could have kept Ane with us for a few more months. but it would have only been for a few more months in her case, I believe.

My love to you all once again. You're all angels in your own ways and I shall continue to keep an eye on this forum to see if I can add any bits from my own experiences from time to time.

Dear Mark – so very sad to hear the news about Ane, our thoughts are with you today.

... you’re so right about cancer and the struggle to beat it. Bless you for thinking of others at such a time, we would love you to stay in touch. xx Vee

Hi Mark

I haven't been on the board very regularly recently and hadn't seen your post til now. My sincere condolences. I hope everything went as well as it could today.

Don't forget to look after yourself - lots of sleep and just take things easy for a while.

Love

Nicki x

Hi Mark

like Nicki, I'd been away from the board.

My thoughts are with you and I hope yesterday went as well as could be expected.

Much love

Clair

Actually, the last time I went through this, my wife had renal cancer - and it was just about one month between diagnosis and death. This time, I thought I could put into practice some of the things I'd learned the first time and I think (hope) I did. I have to say that, if I were doing a freshman's course in oncology, I probably couldn't have chosen a harder learning curve. Nevertheless, I suppose it's only by comparing notes that we, as (mostly) laymen, can contribute effectively to the fight.

As one of the contributors on the Johns Hopkins site said, given that (I think) there is an average of 30,000 cases of PC per-year in the USA, the average oncologist would probably only encounter one a year. On that basis, with (by definition) our ongoing experiences of this particularly insidious version, we can definitely make a difference to the data bank.

Overall, there's no doubt in my mind that I couldn't have kept my dear Ane Margrethe with us as long as I did without comparing notes on sites such as this. The fact that you're mostly women speaks volumes - my love and admiration to you all.