Farewell

Didge

Hi folks. Next month it will be the first anniversary of Rob's passing and I had already thought about withdrawing from the forum after that but I have recently been informed that some of my posts have been non-compliant with the forum rules (quite a lot of them actually!) and I have been asked to take a break from the forum for a while. Rather than come back afterwards I have decided to call it a day now. I do apologise if I have upset anyone with any of my posts at any time. It is difficult to get the balance right but it was obviously never my intention to make anyone feel bad.

I am in touch with a few of you privately and I have always said that if anyone wants my email address I am happy to give it out so please feel free to ask for it.

I wish you all the best and those who are at a critical point in their journeys like PW - you will be especially in my thoughts.

Take care everyone.

Lots of love

Didge x

Didge I'm a bit surprised by this. I'm not sure when your posts have been non compliant with forum rules. I hope you might stay but if you go I want to thank you for all the support you have given to me and others. Also to wish you well for the future. Losing both a husband and partner to cancer is so hard. Thanks for all you have done for everyone. Catherine

WifeampMum

I also want to thank you for all the help that you've provided to patients and carers and I wish you all the very best.

W&M xx

Proud Wife

Hi Didge

i keep losing what I write on here as my phone playing up but I didn't want to ignore your post. Will email you when I get home xx

Edited by Proud Wife

I'm very sorry to see you go. Reading back through your posts was a great comfort to me knowing that you and others have been on this journey and felt what I feel. Of course people get upset because we are dealing with sad, sometimes tragic situations and none of us are at our most balanced, I'm certainly not! I hope you don't leave us but if you do please know that your posts have helped me and others and we thank you for them. Good luck xx

Didge, you have been a tremendous support to me, and I will be sorry to see you go but the decision must be yours, see how you feel in a little while perhaps you might reconsider. I will be sending special thoughts your way on Rob's anniversary, I hope you are doing okay, and that your new granddaughter is making you smile, thanks for everything take care love sandrax xx

Hi Didge,

As others have said, you have been an incredible support to others on this forum. Whilst I didn't post at the time, I have seen all the support you provided for my Dad during the time you have been on this forum and that has meant the world to me, I will never forget that, so thank you and you will be missed.

Just a year since your husband died is not a long time, I hope you are managing ok.

All the best,

Paige

Xx

Dandygal76

Hi Didge. I am unsure why this forum's rules appear stricter / more enforced than other forums but you have done absolutely nothing to offend anyone as far as all the posts I have read. I have started a small Facebook page which I hope to build upon over the coming weeks at https://www.facebook.com/groups/495134694006085/ I would love your experience if you want to join (and anyone else). There will be no rules other than be nice to each other, which you always are. x

Hi Didge,

I am angered and saddened to read this. Anything you have said here is through knowledge and not personal opinion. That is what people need here, knowledge, someone with experience, someone to help them. For a certain person to tell you to take a break, when all you try to do is help people, and you are grieving for Rob, is nothing short of heartless.

I too hope you reconsider. You will be missed here Didge.

Leila xxx

Hi Didge, sorry you have decided to leave for good.

Ray has been gone now since October 2013 and I still come back here, though it's becoming less and less especially now that Mark has left us. He was the last of the posters that were around when Ray was diagnosed. We became a group of people with a strong bond and some of us are still very good friends - all because of this forum, and I will be eternally grateful that this places exists.

I am saddened that anyone would regard any of the professionals running this site as 'heartless'. I can't think of anything further from the truth, without them, my family would have been lost.

I don't know what it is that you have said that infringes the rules, but I trust, absolutely, the nurses decisions in all matters that concern this forum.

It's nothing personal against you Didge, it's just that I know, without question, that they have everyone's best interests at heart. I do hope you come back because the forum can still be of help and comfort years after we have lost our loved ones.

Take care.

Julia x

WifeampMum

Julia, you have said exactly what I was thinking, that the description "heartless" is completely undeserved for the wonderful staff running the forum.