frustrated

sheena

Sheena,

Very sad to read this. So very sorry. Steve sounded like a very brave man, and he fought hard to not leave you.

Thinking of you in the hard times ahead.

Leila xx

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sheena

• sandraW

• Didge

• PCUK Nurse Jeni

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to you all Steve's funeral is on Wednesday at 1pm .I am dreading it ,never realised how many people needed notifying but my girls have been good and done alot for me.Saturday wasn't a good day for me I felt sick and shakey and had a awful headache but today is better ,my grandsons came to see me so that helped ,I'm kind of in a trance I know Steve has gone but I keep thinking he is coming home ,very upsetting God I miss him so much x

Hi Sheena,

Lovely to hear from you. Although you know he has gone, I think you can be very numb, especially until after the funeral. Just take each hour as it comes. Do what your heart and body asks of you. I think if you try and hold back now, well, it just won't be good for you in long term.

Thinking of you. I am sure you will be an amazing service for Steve. He will be so proud.

Leila xx

Hi Sheena,

Its so hard, I remember feeling as though we were all acting some sort of play and that when it was all over that Trevor would just come back home again, so I understand exactly how you are feeling, its truly awful.

The paper work just seems to go on and on its never ending you think you have notified everyone then something else pops up.

Glad you have had some company, and I will be thinking of you on Wednesday, love to you all sandrax xx

CurlyLittleMiss

Sheena,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. As so many others have said and thought, I hope you can take comfort in knowing that you did everything you could for him.

Make sure that you take care of yourself too.

CLM x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Dear Sheena,

I hope that the funeral day goes really smoothly, and that you are surrounded by family & friends - they are never easy events, but seeing it with the eyes of celebrating your beloved Steve might help?

I am certain you will have a wonderful send-off planned, but of course, he is only physically gone (and I know that's really tough) - he really will live on in your heart Sheena. All day, every day.

And one day, the memories will bring smiles and laughs, not just tears.

Thinking of you,

Jeni, on behalf of

Support Team.

Thinking of you for tomorrow Sheena.

My husband died 1 year and 7 months ago, I still feel like Im dreaming but you learn to live and function with the pain.

Beautiful words Jeni, I actually smiled at a photograph this morning,

Massive hugs Sheena and take care of yourself.

love Jayne

x

Every thing is sorted. Coffin came today so that's a relief. We have made little posies of roses - white from children, red from me. Grandchildren have read through the order of service and its looking good. Sunshine predicted as well.

The hospice has kindly said I can go on Thursday to place flowers at his bench which we donated to celebrate Steve's 69th birthday. Have received beautiful cards and flowers. And we will celebrate Steve's life with family and close friends. I am less stressed today now everything is sorted.

Love to you all x

Sheena,

I will be thinking of you, I am sure it will all be just as Steve wanted, and glad you are feeling calmer, like us you will just wish Steve could have been there so see all the love there will be for him tomorrow, take care love sandrax xx

Thanks.

They say all the firsts are the hardest - don't have to wait long as Steve's birthday is Thursday and my granddaughter is due tomorrow so might be born on his birthday which would be lovely x

Hi Sheena, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. It is a very difficult day but with the love and support of your's and Steves's families and friends you will get through it ( despite what you may be thinking at this moment). Sandra is right , you will be amazed and comforted by the love and admiration shown tomorrow.

xxx

Linda G

Hi Sheena. I read through your entire thread tonight and was so saddened to get to the end and realise that Steve too has succumbed to this horrible illness and that you are going through this. I am too late on the thread really to offer you anything other than my deepest sympathy. x

Hi Sheena,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Wouldn't it be lovely if your grandchild was born on Steve's birthday.

Stay strong.

Love Sue xxx

I have a funny feeling the baby will. Not long to find out if we are right or not.

Thinking of you tomorrow Sheena, hope all goes as well as it possibly can. You have been incredibly brave throughout xxx

I'm so sorry to read about Steve, the sun is shining beautifully here today so I'm hoping it has for you and your family to say your goodbyes. Thoughts and prayers with you all at this really difficult time xx

The sun stayed out for us a beautiful celebration of Steve's life .my daughter read he poem and every one loved it ,excellent turn out he would of been so proud .as we got to the bottom of our road Steve was just passing they had taken him along the scenic route perfect timing .his coffin was amazing and certainly got the reaction he wanted.So now unto tomorrow another hurdle to cross but we will celebrate his birthday and remember a truly kind hearted gentleman who fought this cancer with dignity ..God bless my love sweet dreams

Sheena, you have been so brave and considering all that has happened that was a lovely positive post in such awful times. Steve would be proud of you all, I am sure of that. Sending you hugs. x

Celebrated Steve's birthday by going to the cliffs and letting off balloons ,we also went to hospice with flowers and lemon drizzle cake his favourite,I lit a candle and poured him a large glass of red wine and wrote him a card which I am sure he would of read.I am going to sign out now but maybe might feel strong enough to come back one day .best wishes to you all that have lost your loved ones or still fighting the fight.thank you to you all for the support over the last year .x

Sheena, sounds like a lovely way to celebrate his birthday. Take care of yourself and we forum people come and go but there will always be someone to support you whenever you need it. Didge xxx

Sheena that all sounds lovely, hope you will feel the need to pop on here and let us know how you are doing, stay strong love sandrax xx Its a year today since I lost Trevor xx

Sheena,

That sounded lovely. I still pop on here as I feel I know people and somehow I am always drawn to the forum! There is always someone here if you need them.

Take care,

Love Sue xxx