• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sheena

• sandraW

• Didge

• PCUK Nurse Jeni

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sheena,

Its totally understandable that feeling of relief, you now have people to help you look after Steve, and you won't be so worried all the time.

I am glad its such a beautiful place, ours was as well, and all the staff are so caring, special people needed to work at such special places.

I hope you get to spend some quality time with him now the worry has been lifted and I hope he feels happier now that he's settled.

love sandrax xx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Great news Sheena!

Agree with Didge - try and get some rest yourself while he is being well looked after.

Hospices are peaceful and happy/sad places all at once, but they do a great job caring for people.

Jeni.

Been to see Steve. He looks like a different person. Pain etc under control have upped his anti sickness meds and anti-depressants. Now working on opening his bowels. He has eaten a few small bits, and had a Jacuzzi bath - lovely.

Nurses reckon he will stay for a couple of weeks if he can carry on eating, but he can stay longer if necessary. I am so glad he is happy and hopefully I can try to chill out as well x

Good to hear this. I think you will find Steve will be most comfortable and it will give you a chance to be more relaxed. Hospices are wonderful with superb people working in them.

Catherine

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Amazing news Sheena!

So pleased for Steve - this is why hospice care is so good. Its a model that definitely needs replicating.

Long may it last.

Jeni.

Hi Sheena,

Mum spent 4 weeks in the hospice and they were truly wonderful. They are dedicated and can't do enough! I hope you are ok look after yourself as well.

Love Sue x

Oops Steve has lost 2lbs in weight ,head of home has told staff he has to eat during the night as well .He has been listening to mp 3 player and when I got there he gave me a really long list of songs he wants at funeral.I replied omg how long do you want your funeral to last .we both burst out laughing which is good as at the time I was about to cry.I'm unsure if he will come back home as certain things he says is as if he has accepted he won't.my daughter son in law grandson and my youngest son travel to Australia tomorrow for a month.my son came to see Steve tonight and left upset as he thinks this is his last goodbye.I have been out for coffee today and caught up on lots of bits had a long bath and I am planning a early night .love to all xx

Hi Sheena,

I hope you have a lovely restful night, and its good to hear you can still laugh, sounds as though the hospice is really going to feed Steve up!! take care love sandrax xx

Sending you and Steve lots of love...sometimes you just have to laugh!! Good to hear that the hospice are looking after him well and trying to feed him up...I've only had experience of our local hospice at home and they are such wonderful people. Can't imagine how hard it must feel for your children right now. Enjoy your baths and me time xx Shel xx

Steve might be coming home on Tues if the community nurses deliver his bed on time. I would say there is no change in him still eating little and feeling or being sick. Hospice seems to think he has improved so I guess they are right. He is not very talkative at the moment and only wants family visits. Have been working hard getting bedroom ready. I am now in a single bed which feels very strange! I'm stuck between the wardrobe and cupboard so not very exciting view. Will update at some time x

Hi Sheena,

Does Steve want to come home? Hopefully you will still get more support now from the Hospice, and the community nurses when he is home. As some of your family are away, do you have more family around to help support you, you sound a bit down, silly to say that really as you are bound to be.

Have you had a chance to get any rest, in amongst your furniture moving, was it last week you were having a week off from work I hope you did manage to get a bit of me time. If you need someone to talk to I am here, I will ask the nurses to let you have my email if you would like that. love sandrax xx

Ty Sandra would love to e mail you.Yes I am at rock bottom I Havnt stopped all last week .Steve is home and I'm feeling frustrated annoyed and unsure.saw oncologist this pm who basically said he will b taking a back seat as nurses etc are all involved and nothing more he can do.said to do what ever he feels like doing eat what he fancies .He is still losing weight and nibbling at food.I guess the cancer is taking all the goodness out of him.I am at work tomorrow morning then in afternoon have a nurse coming to access Steve's mobility etc.try to update tomorrow x

Hi Sheena hope everything going okay now Steve is home. Very frustrating when you feel the professionals have just left you to it!! I understand the rock bottom, pretty fed up of it down here too, it's horrible as you think I'll never feel right again!!! Hope the assessment went well and you get any help needed xx

Not a good weekend Steve feeling rotten has stayed in bed appetite is virtually nothing .helped him bath today seriously nothing left to him .saw a lump on his side a bit bigger than 50p don't no what it is ,will have to get it checked.children came to see me and I had some nice gifts ,but I then tripped over and hurt my leg and hand started to cry unsure if it was because it hurt or because nothing else can go wrong..x

Sheena,

Poor you, I hope you leg and hand are ok now. Sorry to hear Steve is not doing too well, it must be so hard for you.

It was nice that you got to see the family yesterday, and I hope you enjoy your gifts, perhaps the nurses can help explain what Steve's lump is, is it bothering him?

Thinking of you and take care, love sandrax xx

Sore leg today Steve is not coping with sickness and indigestion.can't think of anything else I can do.really hoping he can go back to the hospice as not fair on him ..I feel we are almost to the end of this nightmare ,so strong and fighting With all we Have left x

Sheena,

That's all you can do love, keep going, I hope you can get Steve back in the hospice soon, thinking of you both, love Sandrax xx

Hi Sheena, your journey reminds me so much of mine with Mum. I had a great community hospice nurse who helped me so much. She managed to get Mum back into the hospice and it was the best thing! They really do help and it seems to be the best place. Is there anyone who can help you? Do you have good GP's as they can refer as well.

This is such a hard journey but your support is amazing and you are doing a great job. I don't really know how we get through and manage but we just do!

Do you give Steve gaviscon for the indigestion? It seemed to ease Mum's symptoms.

I really hope you get some help and get back into the hospice. I am thinking of you and sending you a hug.

Much love,

Sue x

Thinking of you Sheena and wishing you all strength. I hope by now Steve is back in the hospice and as comfortable as can possibly be. xxx

Hi Sheena, just read all your posts since you joined. It's all so familiar. Stay strong.

Love to you and your family.

xx

Linda G