Mum's diagnosis

Sueoliver

Dear Sue

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and sending love and strength to you. You were a wonderful supportive daughter and did everything you possibly could for your amazing Mum. Take care of yourself Sue. X

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Sue,

I am so sorry to read your news - I was off ion Friday, so just catching up on the forums now.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family at this sad and emotional time.

You should have no regrets Sue - you were a wonderful carer for your mum, and she was remarkable.

At peace now.

Jeni, on behalf of all the nurses.

Thankyou everyone for your kind words and support. It has been a week since Mum passed away and I've kept myself as busy as possible! It all seems surreal and I miss her. All I can say is it hurts!

Love to everyone,

Sue xxx

It's been 2 weeks since Mum passed away! Been busy arranging and sorting. The funeral is on Thursday and I'm hoping to read an eulogy . Not sure if I will beable to but we will see.

I have had so many cards and flowers I ran out of vases! I know she was loved by so many people. My family are busy arranging fundraising events starting with a skipathon for the hospice on the 14th, a ball on the 20th which sold out amazingly and my niece is taking part in a skydive for PC! It keeps us all focused and hopefully in the future no one will have to go through what my Mum did!

Sending love to all my forum friends you are all amazing!

Love Sue xxx

Hope all goes as well as it possibly can on Thursday Sue.

And the best of luck to all your family in the fund raising efforts - brilliant! xx

Hi Sue,

Lovely to hear of all the events you have planned, well done to you all.

As for your eulogy, our celebrant told me to read it out loud over and over again, until I was at peace with the words. That is just what I did, I would be marching up and down the lounge saying it over and over and gradually I could manage to say it without breaking down. I hope it works for you too. I will be thinking of you on Thursday, love sandrax xx

Hi Sue,

Lovely to hear from you. You will be able to read the eulogy, your Mum will give you the strength. I wrote one for Dad. I hate being in front of people, can't stand all eyes on me. It was important I did it though. The minister stood by my side, I told him I thiught I would struggle and he said he would help if I did. I didn't look up. Will there be a minister or someone that could help you?

Leila xx

So today is the day I have to say goodbye! I'm sitting here feeling physically sick! I know you have all travelled this journey with me and I know you understand. Mum was my support , strength and comfort and maybe the roles were reversed during her illness but I wish she could get me through this today!

Love to everyone,

Sue xxx

The funeral was hard but we did everything we thought Mum would have loved. The sun shone and the family flowers were all natural and like a country garden which I asked for. I managed to speak, very emotionally with many pauses and deep breaths, but I managed. The grandchildren also spoke beautifully. I miss her so much. Xxx

Hi Sue

Hope you're keeping OK,I am still getting over losing my dad back in Nov, its been over 3 months and it still really hurts I think it's because I am haunted by what I saw and all his suffering I think it will take a while to fade. I know that at least he is no longer suffering like your mum he is at peace.

Look after yourself

Sending love Alison x

• 10 months later...

Well it was a year ago today Mum went into the hospice. This has been a long journey and I miss her everyday. I have re lived the horror of the disease and today I can honestly say I remember every moment of what she went through! I hope the New Year starts to bring back the happy memories.

I would like to wish everyone on here a peaceful Christmas and New Year and my heart goes out to you all.

I pray they find a cure one day.

Love to everyone. Sue xxx

I don't know why christmas is so tough, it's just one day out of all the days we've to be without them, but it is. It must be so much worse if it was this time of year that your mum died.

I hope you have a peaceful christmas, much love.

Vx

Hi Sue, Its so hard isn't it, this Christmas has been much harder than last year, I don't know why but it just has. I hope the happy memories do come in the New Year for you, I can smile, with my memories now, and I do remember the happy times and try not to dwell on the last weeks of Trevor's

life. love to you all sandrax xx

Hey Sue,

I hope so much that the new year brings you peace and that you remember your mum for all the positives.

They will find a cure one day and we will rejoice that no one else ever has to suffer the dire prognosis this disease brings.

Remember your mum wants you to live and be happy and that is all she wants for you. She is in your heart every step of the way.

Much love. xxx