• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sue

So sorry to read about your friend. Hoping your mum is being kept comfortable and that you are as ok as you can be. Sending love your way xxx

Dear Sue, think of you and your Mum often. You have and continue to be such a great support to everyone on here. Sending much love, and strength xx

Quick update...I have just got home from the hospice and Mum is comfortable tonight and peaceful. We had a scare yesterday as she was very tired and not very responsive to anyone. In the evening her breathing was laboured and the night staff said she had all the signs that she could go at anytime. It was a long night but she is still here. This is hard and to be honest I'm not functioning very well at the moment. This is having a huge impact on everyone!

My poor poor Mum just doesn't deserve any of this and it has got to the point where it is just cruel!

Love to everyone and Thankyou for your continued support.

Love Sue xxx

Sue, when Rob's breathing became very rattly almost 2 weeks before he died and I was advised not to go home, I managed to sit him up and pat his back and he coughed and cleared his throat and then seemed to 'come round'. This might be different from your mum's breathing problems though. I am thinking of you a lot! You are doing so well and it is indeed a hard road as you don't want them to go but it is hard to see them so ill. Doesn't sound like your mum is suffering too much though. Just be there as much as you can for when she is more responsive, that's all you can do. Sending you lots of love xxx

Hello Sue

I am new to this forum and will be posting my husband's story shortly but I've been following your story before becoming a member and my heart goes out to you. I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your Mum and hope you can stay strong.

PW xx

Hi Sue,

When you say your Mum is struggling with breathing, do you mean she's finding it hard to catch her breath, or that she has secretions?

I know when my Dad started having secretions, like Didge, I didn't leave his side then. I'm 100% positive Dad didn't realise he was having them.

When they inserted the syringe driver, I remember telling Dad what medications was in there. I told him one was for his tickly throat, and he frowned at me.

I don't think you mean your Mum has secretions though do you?

Can you take the paper in, or magazines, and just and read to your Mum, the times she isn't very responsive?

Leila xx

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to post this and it breaks my heart! Mum passed away this morning about 1130a.m she fought to the end! I don't think she wanted to leave us but I know she is now pain free and she doesn't have to fight this dreadful disease anymore.

God Bless you all on this forum.

Love to everyone,

Sue xxx

Sue, it is heart breaking but your Mum did everything to stay with you and you have been a wonderful support to her. I know that you will have wonderful memories. Catherine

My sincere condolences. I've followed your story on the forum and your dear Mum sounded amazing, I hope you find strength and comfort during the difficult times ahead.

Sue,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, your Mum was amazing, she tried her very best to stay with you all but it just wasn't to be. This disease is just so cruel, you were the best daughter your mum could have wished for and you supported her every step of the way. Thinking of you and all the family, love sandrax xxx

Sue,

Very sorry to read this Sue. Your lovely Mum put up one hell of a fight, but as others have said, this is a wicked and cruel disease.

Thinking of you through the tough times ahead.

Leila xx

Sue, so sorry to hear the news. I have to say though that your mum was so amazing - I don't need to tell you - that most other people would not have lived anywhere as long. To think that none us really thought she would make the wedding last summer. You must be very proud of her and of course hopefully comforted that she is now at peace. Lots of love xxx

My sincerest condolences Sue. I too followed your Mum's story on here before joining myself. I am really sorry to hear she has finally lost her battle against this evil disease.

Thinking of you xx

Sue, I am so very sad for you. Please accept my condolences. I hope you have good support at this difficult time - you deserve it after the support you have given to so many people on this forum. You seem to have had a great bond with your Mum, which is very special and something to treasure for ever.

So sorry to hear about your Mum Sue. She put up such a courageous fight against this awful disease. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care,

Hilary

Dear Sue, Sending you love and hugs at this sad and difficult time. Your Mum was such a fighter and your support absolutely amazing. She will always be by your side and guide you. Your support to others even when you have been fighting for your mum has and will continue to be "priceless". In my thoughts and prayers Annette xx