Tracy's Story - Two Years......... And Counting!

Ant11

Tracy’s Story – Two Years…….and counting! Update on Tracy

Friday 20th November 2015

Two years ago today was the worst day in Tracy’s and our family’s life. 20th November 2013 Tracy was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic adenocarcinoma with metastasis to the liver. I am so grateful, truly grateful to share this with you all.

It’s been tough for everyone but for Tracy it has been the hardest battle. She has been the one who has had to endure 36 sessions of Folfirinox (a record apparently for anyone especially in the UK), 10 Sessions of GemCap, and a liver ablation.

Today Tracy and Chris will travel to London to celebrate Tracy’s 2 year anniversary. One that they so richly deserve a chance to relax and enjoy some quality time together to be pampered and thoroughly spoilt.

We are so grateful for the support received from the amazing support nurses Jeni and Dianne we call them our “PURPLE LADIES” who have been on this 2 year journey almost from day 1. For all the support from the wonderful people we have met on the forums, who have given advice support and constant help and encouragement. Our friends Carl and Rob from Leeds who have always been at the end of a Facebook message, they have always managed to put a smile on our faces. Jeannie Roshar who lives in America, whose Dad is also battling this terrible disease has given us so much help and information, absolutely “priceless”. Chris found a video of her Dad at the start of Tracy’s journey that inspired us all, giving us hope, and for Tracy the strength and belief to fight. So many others on the forum who have endured this journey with their loved ones and to patients alike, their tips and support has been an important part of these 2 years. I cannot forget the “forum girls” either who have shown so much support to me especially Catherine and Karen.

Tracy’s story can be read on the site and you can watch the video she took part in for the support line in November 2014. She has also recently been involved in a film raising awareness of Pancreatic Cancer for “Nicki’s Smile”. We will be updating Tracy’s story over the next week so you can read how her journey has unfolded over the past year. Thank you for reading. We send our love to you all. Annette xxx

Good to hear that Tracy is doing so well, especially so as I'm about to start treatment with GemCap, or at least I will when my stent is fitted, hopefully next week.

Mark

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Thanks for this Annette.

Remarkable to read about Tracy's journey, although of course, have been in close contact with you throughout.

She really is remarkable, and such a fighter.

So pleased they are gone to London - as you say, they thoroughly deserve it, and I hope they have a wonderful weekend.

All the best,

Jeni.

Annette what great news to hear Tracy is still doing so well, I hope she has a lovely weekend, and continues to kick PC's ass. I look forward to reading the next instalment of her story, sending love back to you all, take care sandrax xx

• 1 month later...

Thanks Sue, Thinking of you daily with your wonderful Mum. Sending you lots of love and strength. This disease certainly is like a roller coaster and is always keeping you on your toes xxx

• 2 months later...

Dear Forum Friends.

Oliver, Tracy's son having run the Hastings Half Marathon for Pancreatic Cancer UK is now taking on the London Marathon on 24th April 2016. Such a great cause and the support we as a family have received from the Support Nurses Jeni and Dianne "priceless". Tracy continues her battle against this dreadful disease (2 years and 3 months). Oliver needs as much support to raise money for PCUK and any donation will be greatfully received. If you feel you can help him please use this link to sponsor him. https://www.justgiving.com/Oliver-John Many thanks for reading. As I write he is pounding the streets in training. We need to support and raise awarness for this vile and cruel disease.