Mum's diagnosis

Sueoliver

Sue,

Sorry to read about your Mum. Nwhen I read she had a fall, I did wonder. It is all so very devastating. If having this horrible cancer isn't enough, that life adds more cruelty.

Poor Dad broke 3 lumbar bones. I feel so sorry for him. It breaks my heart to think of what happened.

Hope your Mum feels a little better tomorrow and that they have given her something for the pain.

Leila xxx

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

andreamartinez

I can really understand how your mum feel, that's terrible pain, from having cancer and now she's in pelvic pain.

Hi Sue,

I remember reading your forum a few weeks ago when my Nan was diagnosed with this awful disease and it is so lovely to hear that your Mum is not too far away from getting to the wedding. She must be a very strong lady. Can't wait to log on and read that she loved the wedding, my prayers and thoughts are with you both x

It never rains but it pours! Yesterday my stepfather had a nasty fall, he is my mum's carer! He was walking back from getting his paper and tripped. He dislocated his fingers and tore the tendons. I took him to A and E and we were referred to another hospital. This all happened at 10 a.m and we got home at 6.30p.m . They managed to stitch 2 fingers but he has to have surgery on the other one! What a day! Now he can't drive! I really just felt like crying!

My Mum saw the oncologist last week and he can't treat her while she is in pain from her fall! He is arranging a. CT scan. She can't really do anything now and she has a wheel chair!

Sometimes life is trying to say the least!

Love to everyone. Sue xxx

Oh sue, that's awful! I know what you mean about one thing after another but try to stay strong if you can and surely things will improve soon. This is truly a dreadful disease.

Sue

Life certainly is kicking you when you are down Sue. I hope your Step Father is ok again soon and that a bit of overdue good luck comes your way soon.

Take care

Steve

X

Thankyou for your support. He had the operation today and it went well the tendons are now repaired. I have told them both they have to be very careful until the wedding. All I have to do now is arrange the transport for them to the wedding. I pray nothing else happens! I am drained!

Love Sue xxx

Happy wedding day! (If I counted correctly). Hope it all goes without a hitch and im so happy your mum is able to be there and see it. Big congrats to all x

Hi Sue,

I hope your daughter had a beautiful wedding day and that you all enjoyed it especially your mum, what a fighter she is. Congratulations to you all and I hope the Happy Couple have a blessed marriage. love sandrax xx

Dear Sue,

I've just read your posts, I haven't been on the forum for a while.

I'm so glad to read that your Mum was able to be there on your daughter's wedding! I hope you had a beautiful day yesterday!

What a fighter she is!

Congratulations to you all!

Susanna xxx

Thankyou everyone what a wonderful day we all had. Mum arrived at 11a.m and stayed until 9.30p.m! She loved every minute and said she wished it would never end! We have some wonderful photos and memories now. I have never seen her eat and drink so much! Strawberry pimms was going down well!

If anyone is on Facebook and would like to add me please ask the moderators for my e mail! I feel I have travelled this journey with you all and there are lots of wedding photos on there.

Now for a reality check as Mum has a CT scan on Saturday not sure what that is going to show! I have a feeling the next few weeks will be hard!

Love to all of you and once again thankyou for the continued support.. Sue xxx

Oh how wonderful! I remember when you first said your mum's goal was to be at the wedding, I never really thought she would make it. But she did! I will ask for your email as I would love to see the pics on Facebook. x

It warms my heart to see that your Mum has made it, Sue! I'm so glad to hear and glad that she had a nice time, too.

I understand that in these dark times the good times are to be cherished; best of luck for what the near future may bring x

Sue, your Mum is an inspiration to all. What a wonderful lady. I am new to all this but take heart from hearing stories such as that of your Mum. God Bless & hope all goes well for the C T scan. X