• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sue glad your mum is home, home is where the heart is and being round your own surroundings are a good tonic in themselves.

Take care, I went through similar with my mum, emotions everywhere x x x

Hi Sue,

Sometimes when I called Dad, he would say that the phone hasn't stopped ringing and that he was going to switch it off for some peace and quiet. I think it is a constant reminder that they are ill, people keep calling asking if they are ok, over and over. They just want some peace to process their thoughts. I hated it when he switched his phone off. I couldn't rest until he switched it back on.

Just trying to think for your Mum's reasons to say this. I am sure just wants some time for her. She has been through so much, and she must have some many thoughts that she needs to process.

I used to just say ok, leave your phone on and I will leave you alone, just give me a call when you want to talk and I won't bother you until, just keave your phone switched on.

Leila xx

So yesterday was my daughters graduation and Mum wasn't well enough to attend . There was an empty seat next to me! I just feel overwhelmed with sadness now every time I visit and every time I look at her!

The operation has been hard for her and recovery is slow. All she keeps saying is it's very hard! Her legs are swollen and she is very frail. I'm not sure if she will ever make progress now.

Today she has an oncology appointment that will be interesting. Last time he said she wasn't taken creon properly and she needed to build herself up! Even when she described the symptoms he didn't pick up on the blockage and it wasn't picked up on the CT scan! Now she's had major surgery! I don't think there will be any treatment on offer!

Some days I am overwhelmed but we have to carry on supporting and just being there. 6 weeks till my daughter's wedding it seems like such a long time away but Mum's still determined to be there let's hope she can be!

Take care of yourselves everyone.

Love Sue xxx

Well she still has that goal, so I am hoping she will improve a little! Rob has told me that he won't make our joint party on Saturday but to make some videos for him so that is what I will do. I expect you can show your mum some graduation pics and hope that will cheer her up. Let us know what the oncologist says. xxx

Sue,

Sorry to hear your mum is still not improving, lets hope the oncologist has some suggestions to help.

It is all so overwhelming for sure, the helplessness is too, wanting to help but how.

Mum is a fighter and the wedding is the prize, fingers crossed she is well enough to enjoy it,

sending love hugs and strength, take care sandrax xx

Mum saw the oncologist and all they said was they will see her in a month. She is too weak for treatment! Tomorrow she wants me to take her shopping for a dress for the wedding! She is determined!

Thankyou for the support everyone. Leila thankyou for the e mail.

Sending love to you Didge and Sandra. Xxx

Sorry to hear that your Mum isn't able to have treatment at present. She sounds like a very strong lady and I truly hope she is able to attend the wedding. Take care.

Hi Sue,

I hope you managed to get your Mum a lovely outfit for the upcoming wedding.

How are you both doing? I do hope things have improved for you and Mum, and that she is starting to get some strength back.

Just to let you know I am thinking of you, take care love sandrax xx

We managed to get Mum an outfit. Drove to shop mobility and hired a wheelchair and then I booked a personal shopper! It was relatively easy and Mum was so pleased with her outfit.

She is a little stronger and eating without being sick. She is very tired though and lays on her bed quite often. She said yesterday her whole body ached especially her back. Fingers crossed she stays ok till the 29th August! I just take each day at a time with her!

Hope you are ok Sandra. Love to everyone. Sue x

• 2 weeks later...

Mum is making very slow improvement. She is slightly stronger but very tired! Today was a bad day, I popped round and she was asleep. When she awoke she went to the bathroom and then I heard her shouting...she had fallen over! She was crying and she cut her leg. We managed to get her up but it made me feel so sad! She couldn't get up her self! This is just not my Mum.

4 weeks to the wedding now! Praying she will be there!

She x

Oh Sue,

I feel for you so much, it is so awful to see our loved ones, when they are struggling so much.

But your Mum is not ready to give up yet, that much is obvious, so lets hope she can gain a little more strength. The 4 weeks to the wedding will soon pass, fingers crossed she will enjoy wearing her new outfit, on the special day. love to you all sandrax xx

Hi Sue,

Your post made me think of my hairdresser's Mum who sadly died recently after a four year battle with lung cancer. There were certain things she wanted to do this year, see her Grandson go to his prom, attend a family party . Despite being really poorly for pretty much all of this year she made and enjoyed both events. I really hope your Mum gets to enjoy that wedding, she sounds like a pretty determined lady as well, so I reckon the chances are good,

Best wishes,

Nikki

Well we are now in August and as you say only 4 weeks to go. Your mum has done amazingly well. I'm sorry she had a fall but that is v common because of weakness and sometimes drugs. I hope that does not knock her confidence because there will continue to be bad days but then better days. We are all cheering your mum on here! X

Hi Sue,

Sorry I haven't been around much on here recently. Life without Dad isn't great.

Sue, you are doing really well dealing with all this. I don't think people realise sometimes all the closest family members have to do, and also seeing our much loved parents going through this. Dad would sometimes get confused, and take little stumbles, my heart would break so terribly just to look at him, and I would think, my poor lovely Dad.

But....your Mum is still here, she will be at the wedding, I just know she will. She has such determination. I know this B of a cancer is getting her down and she feels like giving at up at times, but then she is reminded of what she is here for.

Take each minute by each minute, and absolutely treasure each one of those minutes, they are so incredibly precious.

Take care

Leila xxx

Pleased to read that your Mum was able to go shopping and I really hope she gets to enjoy the wedding. She sounds like a real fighter so fingers crossed.

Hi Sue

Hope your mum is okay and that you are managing to enjoy life too. I have 2 elderly I laws who's health has deteriorated a lot over the last few months. Going from Independant to multiple hospital visits and falls to having to arrange an extensive care package at home for them.

It's not Cancer, just old age but it's really hard to see the ones you love struggle so much and how it deletes their spirit.

Your mum sounds like a very determined lady so I really hope she is strong enough for the upcoming wedding.

Please also remember to take care of yourself both physically and emotionally, you sound like a really lovely person x

Marie

Mum's been in a lot of pain all week with her back and stomach! This has come on worse since her fall. The Dr has now arranged for her to go to hospital tomorrow for an x Ray in case she has fractured something. I can't help but think it is the cancer. She is uncomfortable all the time and in and out of bed all night! My poor stepdad is 86 and he has to help her as she can't get in and out of bed on her own since the fall!

I am worried.

Love to everyone,

Sue x

Thinking of you Sue and your Mum, lets hope she has just pulled some muscles when she fell, but I can understand how worried you are. Please let us know how she is love sandrax xx

I hope your Mum's X-ray comes back clear and that her pain subsides. Only 3 weeks to the wedding - fingers crossed she's feeling a bit better by then.

Bad news today she has a fracture in her pelvis. They can't do anything it just has to heal on its own! No wonder she's in so much pain! Bad enough having the cancer let alone a fracture. To say she is miserable is an understatement.

Sue x