• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Didge

• sandraW

• jay

• Sueoliver

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for thinking of us. We are in the last days now I think. There was no development drug to match him with and he turned down further folfirinox. He said he hid from me some of the worst side effects last time and doesn't want to go through it for what little time is left. Last week we had a nice day out and he was at Silverstone all day Friday for the Grand Prix but was taken into hospital early Sunday morning and they are still struggling to get his pain and sickness under control. I'm struggling to fill the endless hours at his bedside. Watching the Wimbledon scores on my phone instead of watching is not doing it for me but having trouble concentrating enough to read.xx

I'm so sorry damn this relentless cancer, I hope they sort his pain and sickness and get it under control to be able to enjoy your birthdays, concentration is so overrated.x

Sorry to hear Rob's feeling unwell Didge, lets hope they can get his pain and sickness stabilized, then at least he can be comfortable. This bloody disease, its heartbreaking, I have been thinking of you all weekend when you didn't post after the last Friday, but hoping it was because things were looking up.

Glad to hear that Rob enjoyed Silverstone though, Trevor watched the race on the hospital TV the weekend before he died we love the Grand Prix.

sending my love and hugs to you both, sandrax xx

Hi Didge,

Just to say I'm thinking of you and I really know what you are going through! Tough times for me as well at the moment!

Sending strength, love and hugs your way. Sue x

Hi Didge, so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully the pain and sickness will be sorted soon. Take care.

Sue

Hi Didge, so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully the pain and sickness will be sorted soon. Take care.

Sue

Dear Didge,

Sending you a big hug and my thoughts are with you, I sit here writing all about my sorrow, then read other members hearlfelt accounts, I am so sorry to hear your news. Keep strong.

Love

Sue

Well the old bugger has rallied again and hopes to be discharged tomorrow! There's just no accounting for what will happen next with this unpredictable disease! X

Didge, what good news, that's wonderful. He really is a fighter and long may it continue. Take care.

Sue

Ah didge I'm crying with happiness for you.writing this on ipad so sorry for lack of full stops. Enjoy every second and stay in the moment, something I was able to do with my dad in his last month and every I love you we said to each other was amazing, bitterly regret not living in the moment with jem

Love Jayne

Xxxx

Hi Leila, he is up and down, I have left him at his family home and come back to London. He has a friend coming tomorrow and then a family do for his birthday on Sunday. I am not sure what are our plans now for our birthday week - I have the week off work and we had planned on maybe going away for a few days but that won't happen now so we'll just take it a day at a time and hope that he makes our joint birthday bash a week tomorrow! I always find he is worse when I'm not with him though. I don't think he looks after himself properly and taking enough nourishment is particularly difficult for him at the moment. xxx

Hi Didge

Good news to hear Rob is back home, I feel for you being away from him, that is how I feel about my brother Mick.

I hope your birthdays are good ones and you have a great party.

Take care

Sue xoxoxox

Hi Didge,

Hope Rob is having a good birthday and that he is able to enjoy some of it. I do think that when they are on their own, they think more, and don't really have a purpose possibly? He probably doesn't see the need maybe?

Hope you have a good 'big' birthday also.

Leila xx

Hi didge,

Brilliant news on Rob getting home, I hope and pray yous have a good birthday week,

You all have given me strength this week, and I'm sending you a massive cyber hug

Xxxxxx

Didge,

I am so very sorry for you all, I have no words that can bring any "real" comfort.

Just know that people (strangers) are here (virtually) to listen and show genuine compassion.

((((Hugs))))

Lisa

Thank you everyone. I spent my birthday yesterday at the hospice where he was taken on Monday. He is pretty out of it with the drugs but still in a lot of pain when he is more 'with it'. It is more than 70 miles away from me so am going to struggle to get there every day. I really don't think being in any hospital or hospice is the best thing for him. He likes to do his own thing at home so I am still hoping that he might get out. He doesn't think he will though. My thoughts go out to all of you if you are having bad days right now - and for those who are having better days, embrace them wholeheartedly and enjoy them! x

hugs Didge, pethadine (stuff they give woman in labor,) worked on Jem as iv morphine didn't touch the pain,he was also on buscapan and , paracetamol in a drip, plus the morphine, thinking of you both,

love jayne

xx

Didge,

I have been reading posts but struggling a bit to post myself, what can I say my love, it must be doubly hard having to travel all that way to see Rob. Our hospice provided a bed in Trevor's room, and two big reclining chairs so the boys and I could stay there, is that not an option for you, or is it not possible for you to stay?

Trevor didn't want to go to the hospice either, he just wanted to go home..... but they were struggling to get his pain relief sorted too, and then the end was so quick, he was only in the hospice for 76 hours.

Just to let you know that I am thinking of you, and have been for the last few weeks, I wish I could remember the name of the extra drug they put in Trevor's syringe driver as well as the buscapan, and morphine, because that made the difference, to him being comfortable.

sending strength, love and hugs to help you through love sandrax xx

Sorry Didge I forgot to send Best wishes on your birthdays, to you both, and I hope you enjoy your "birthday bash" as best you can, even though Rob can't be with you, bloody rotten disease it is %$£!

Edited by sandraW