• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RLF

• sandraW

• J_T

• nikkis

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I've been meaning to write an update but didn't really think it was the right time when so many people seemed to be having such hard times. People have told me I should, I guess to new members the board look so bleak and scary at the moment and I guess that's how a lot of us do feel at times.

Carls doing quite well, he had a ct scan done a few weeks ago and the oncologist said that it looked like Carl has no evidence of disease again and his ca 19 is now 41 after being 1750 3months ago, so has agreed to stop the chemo until he needs it. He lasted 7months last time so fingers crossed he gets a nice long break again. He feels very well in himself, though since stopping chemo the shoulder pain is back but the doctor doesn't understand why as the tumour isn't there any more. I wonder if it's from some scarring after the ablation as it was after that procedure he seemed to get a little more pain, and with the chemo being a little anti inflammatory and the courses of steroids post chemo sessions I'm guessing that was keeping it at bay.

We've booked a cruise and go on Wednesday round the med. We need this holiday so badly, the rest will do us both so much good!

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can be,

Rob

X

Edited by RLF

Rob/Carl, that's fabulous news, I am so pleased for you and all your family too. I hope you have a really great holiday you certainly deserve it, love to you both sandrax xx

Oh, that's wonderful news, Rob. I had been wondering how Carl has been getting on. Have a great cruise! xxx

Slewis7313

Excellent news Rob. I have been following Carl's blog for some time with great interest.....he tells a good tale! So envious of the cruise which I am sure you will enjoy immemsely after the trials and tribulations of Pancreatic Cancer. If all goes well with me over the next few months, we hope to do the same.

Take care and have fun both.

Steve

X

I have watched Carl's video and read his blog.

He is a fantastic writer. I cried all the way through his last blog. His expresses himself so wonderfully. I hope he does continue to write, it is what other patients need to read. Such positivity. He is such an inspiration.

Have a great cruise. Please keep posting, I'm hooked on him now.

Leila xxx

Hi Rob,

I am so very pleased for you both that everything is going so well. Have an amazing holiday. I know this thing makes life so stressful at times, but you are both extraordinarily lucky to have such a wonderful relationship, and I know you both treasure that,

Love,

Nikki

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Rob, excellent news! I'm sorry I haven't read it before, I haven't been on the forum for a long time. It is just so good to read positive things on the forum.

I hope you and Carl are enjoying your well deserved cruise!

Love,

Susanna xxx

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Thanks Everyone for your replies, Susanna and Nikki I'm glad you still pop back too it's great to hear from you both.

I'll keep it brief as once again I seem to pop back when others are having such tough times, but Carl had his bloods done 2 weeks ago, we didn't hear anything and were afraid to ring and ask as sometimes ignorance is bliss! Wednesday we asked a nurse we know to check on the computer and she text us to say that Carls Ca19 is now down to 11. Obviously we are thrilled, but we have had this happen before and we know it probably won't last but for now we feel we can celebrate a great achievement. It will be 3 years in September, and with 2 reoccurrences since then he seems to baffle the doctors which is all I can ask from him!

My best wishes go out to all of you and your loved ones

Rob

X

Glad to hear good news! Even in a dark weekend for us we still love to hear good news! So anyone who has good news please keep posting! Besides after a dark weekend we are already beginning to enjoy life again! Lots of love to all, Didge xxx

Nice to hear from you.

Carl is certainly a trooper. Although you can't take it for granted, you can definitely celebrate, fantastic news.

Leila xx

I hope you enjoyed your holiday, and great to hear that Carl has responded so well to his treatment. It gives hope to the rest of us.

Mark