Mum's diagnosis

Sueoliver

Mum certainly is a trooper Leila and one brave woman! She is determined to be at the wedding! I think I am a wreck to be honest my emotions are all over the place! The shingles are getting better thank goodness!

She is eating but is so tiny it will take her a long time to even put a bit of weight back on and not look anorexic! She is definitely walking better not so unstable! She does feel better in herself although yesterday she had a very windy tummy and said it was painful in the morning!

I am trying to be positive but I supposed I'm just scared for her!

Let's see what this week brings!

Love Sue x

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad she is feeling better in herself. We have to try to live in the present and take the good days! Having said that I've never managed to get rid of the fear of the future so if anyone knows how to, please let me know! x

Glad to see your Mum is rallying and becoming more mobile. Shhe certainly is a fighter and I hope it continues and that she can manage to eat a little more with each day.

Take care

Steve

X

Good news on two counts Sue, firstly your Mum is feeling better and secondly your shingles are on the decline. She is certainly a star please send her our love and tell he we are all thinking of her, and hope that she feels even better love sandrax xx

A little bit of good news! Mum managed to come to my daughters 21st Birthday party last night and stayed a couple of hours! She phoned me this morning and said she had a wonderful time seeing everyone! Just goes to show that if treatment goes ahead it improves their quality of life as Mum was in the hospice 2 weeks ago!

Thinking of everyone,

Love Sue x

Mum is still doing well with the new stent. She is eating and putting on a little weight again. She is very happy in herself! I'm happy for her although still struggling to not think about how long this will last for! We have gone from the hospice to this in a short time! I do try hard not to over think!

I am thinking about Sandra and Leila as well and hoping everything is as well as can be expected!

Love Sue x

Sue, I am so pleased for you, and of course for your Mum, I hope you are feeling better yourself now, will post again soon love sandrax xx

Hi Sue,

Your Mum is remarkable. I never thought I would read she was going to parties! That isn't just down to your Mum's fight, you have played a big part in keeping your Mum positive. It is so important, so very very important, that we fight too. That our loved ones can see we haven't and won't ever give up.

Leil xx

Sueoliver

Mum continues to do well! She has had friends round for fish and chips, been shopping several times,afternoon tea and to the Harvester for dinner! Who would have thought it! I was struggling but had a lovely chat with Dianne the pancreatic nurse, it's good to talk to someone who understands.

The next big step is my daughter's graduation in July and then the wedding in August! You never know she is so determined! Fingers crossed.

Love to everyone,

Sue x

Hello Sue,

Lovely to hear such good news following the recent sad news. I hope your Mum continues to do well, please give her my good wishes.

Hilary

Sue, that's really great news, something positive, I am so pleased for you all. Its not too long to July/August now, I am sure she will be there to help you celebrate. love sandrax xx

Slewis7313

Great to hear that your Mum continues to do well. I am sure the goals will spur her on even more!

Steve

X

Sueoliver

A quick question !

Mum has very swollen feet and lower legs and apparently last night fluid was leaking from her leg! Has anyone experienced this?

Sue x

When my mother had/has this it was because of kidney problems but I think fluid retention is quite common in cancer patients. She still finds that if she nicks her skin the fluid will leak out which was causing her more anguish than the swelling. Support stockings can sometimes help and hopefully at least the leaking will stop soon! x

Hi Sue,

Your Mum is a true fighter bless her. You must be so proud of her.

I would say it is fluid retention. Is she going to the toilet much? Dad had swelling, but his was in his arms and hands. I asked what it was and they said fluid retention. They said he wasnt producing enough urine. He was able to go to the toilet, but it was very little.

Leila xx

Sueoliver

Thankyou for your replies she has an oncology appointment this week so we will get it checked out! She sure is a fighter Leila!

Sue xxx