• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandraW

• Sueoliver

• jay

• Slewis7313

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandra,

I am free on Monday and could come and shout at people for you (I considered offering to punch too, but don't want to be arrested!). You could then tell them in all honesty that you have never seen me before in your life! Didge and Leila, am available to shout for you too!

Seriously though, I do really despair for you and everyone else going through so much, and receiving such poor care. Hope tomorrow/ Tuesday a major corner is turned.

Love to you and Trevor, stay strong,

Nikki

Oh Sandra, I am sickened to read that. I feel so incredibly angry for you both. Wish I could go with you and give them a large piece of my mind.

I feel so horrified for Trevor, I just cannot imagine what must be going through his mind. My Dad always thought the human race cared until now, and sometimes he says now to me, why don't people care anymore. And he only sees a little of it. He would lose faith completely if he saw half of what Trevor did.

Is there anyone that you can complain to? Someone that can try and make sure things are done when they are supposed to be?

If it wasn't for them, Trevor wouldn't be getting weaker, throw that one back at them.

Hope Tuesday Trevor gets relief and this particular nightmare can be over.

Leila xx

Dear Sandra what an awful time! I really hope Tuesday goes ahead. I feel like I'm living in a nightmare and I would think you do too! I hope Trevor is managing and staying positive and I hope you are looking after yourself as well Sandra.

Thinking of you both.

Love Sue x

Sandra, I am really sorry to hear of Trevor's awful treatment. Sounds like they are looking for a 'scape goat' for their own incompetence. I hope tomorrow is mre successful.

Take care

Steve

X

Hi Sandra, like so many others are saying, this is a disgusting attitude by the hospital. You should really consider going to PALS and putting in a complaint. Some patients experience great service from the NHS but these are in the minority. For most people it is such a battle to get anything done or questions answered. You offer such great support to everyone on the forum and don not deserve to be under this amount of pressure and worry. Thinking of you both and sending you the strength to battle on. Lots of Love Annette xx

Sorry for not posting Trevor had the drain in Tuesday, Wednesday they said they could do no more and removed his fluids but put him on a syringe driver for his pain, they also stopped the antibiotics.

Thursday they put the fluids back up again, he is still chatty but very sleepy, the pain a lot more controlled now.

he is getting good care and I have a room at the hospital, just down the corridor, with enough room for the boys to stay. So we are in the lap of the gods, but he is still fighting on, love to all sandrax xx

Hi Sandra,

So relieved to hear that Trevor is receiving good care and you and your boys are able to stay, you have both been through so much. I know the pain you are going through, but you just keep going, hour by hour, day by day, you are an amazing lady Sandra.

Lots of love to you both,

Nikki

Dear Sandra,

I am so sorry to hear Trevor is in hospital. Pleased you are able to stay, I know it is impossible to leave their bedside for one moment. After all the poor treatment you have both received lately, I am so pleased to read that has improved. You need that care now.

Is the pain under Trevor's ribs? What is he taking for it?

Although I am at my Dads bed side, I still think about everyone here. I hate this cancer so much. Please give give love to Trevor for me.

I know this is so easy to say, especially as I'm struggling to do this myself, but are you eating and drinking ok? If you can't eat, drink tea with lots of sugar.

Leila xx

Hi Sandra,

I'm sorry to hear that Trevor is back in hospital, I don't really know what to say other than I'm thinking of you all and literally trying to send positive energy your direction as I lay here. You really do grow attachments to people on these boards and share in your pain as well as in the good times. I really hope he proves them all wrong!

Massive hug

Rob

X

Sandra I am so sorry to hear Trevor is so poorly and in hospital. You are an amazing lady and always have supportive words for us all. Rob is right we do have attachments even though we have never met! Thinking of you and your boys. Stay strong Sandra.

Love Sue xxx

Sandra, sending love, hugs and prayers to you, Trevor and the boys. As others have said you really have been amazing support to so many people on the forum and now it is our turn to support you. Lots of love Annette xx

Sorry to hear Trevor is in Hospital Sandra. It does however sound like he and yourselves are being looked after properly at last. Thinking about you all.

Steve

X

My bold, beautiful, brave husband passed away so so peacefully on Friday 24th April at 5 50 pm, with me holding his hand. He was transferred to the local hospice on Tuesday 21st and within 24 hours they had his pain under control but it was all too late, he just never recovered from the jaundice which had overtaken his body.

I know the outcome would have been the same in the long run, but we were told he had weeks left to live and not days as happened, it was all a case of too little too late. The only comfort I have is that he was only really poorly for the last 5 weeks of his life and in the grand scheme of things with this bloody awful disease we were so lucky, and I know that.

I have been overwhelmed with the texts, messages, and phone calls we have received, One lady customer rang from Mallorca to offer her best wishes as she had heard Trevor was very poorly, and told us that he had moved her out there 13 years ago, and that she had never forgotten him, and his cheeky face, what more can I say. love to you all sandrax xx

Edited by sandraW