Abraxane -our experiences so far

nikkis

Cathy, I will get your details and get in touch soon. Jayne, thank-you for your wonderful card (Jayne sent me a card with Pooh on and the "how lucky am I quote"). I had just come back from the church, where we are having Paul's service on Monday, with my friend, and it made us both cry, it was so very lovely. Will write to you when I get a chance.

The girls went back to school today, and they seemed to be fine. The eldest managed some of her mock AS levels last week, before Paul died, and got 100 per cent in maths. How amazing is she, and how proud would her Dad be?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nikkis

• sandraW

• jay

• Didge

Top Posters In This Topic

Your girls sound amazing Nikki. Paul would be very proud I'm sure. Reading how well they are doing, when inside I am sure they are broken, gives me inspiration to keep going myself.

You have such a strong wonderful, loving family.

Leila xx

Dear All,

Yesterday we had Paul's funeral. Just the girls, Paul's Mum, brother and I went to the crematorium, and then we had a service in church, with so many special people there. As well as family and friends, there were 2 home chemo nurses, his favourite district nurse and even one of the team from London, amazing.It was such a lovely day. The girls and I stood up to talk about Paul, we felt it was the least we could do when he has been so incredibly brave, and we were so glad we did it. The difficult thing was knowing how much he was missing out on. Everything was perfect for him, the people, the service, the music and the food and drink afterwards, he would have loved it all.

Love to all,

Nikki

Nikki,

I have been thinking of you.

I am glad the day went well for you all, and I agree that you had to stand up and give your eulogies, to let everyone know just how much you loved him and how brave he had been, even though I am sure they knew that already.

It was lovely that the nurses came too to let you know how much they cared for you all.

Its strange isn't it that feeling, that you think they are missing the special day, their funeral, when they would in happier times have enjoyed meeting up with everyone.

This is when it will start to really sink in for you all, so take care of yourself and your girls,

sending love sandrax

Nikki, It sounds as if the funeral was something special. You and the girls were brave to stand up and talk about your dear Paul, it is so difficult with all the emotions involved. Having people across the whole spectrum of Paul's support team turn up on the day must have been an indication that Paul was more than 'just another patient' to them.

Please take care of yourselves at this very difficult time.

Steve

X

Glad Paul got the send off he deserved! Sounds like it went as well as you could have hoped in this situation, hope you're all doing ok

Rob

x

Sounds like it was a lovely service. One Paul would have been proud of.

Just remember, he was there, looking down, watching his wonderful wife and lovely daughters. He would have loved how special and beautiful you made it for him.

Look after yourself. Hope you can pop back here sometime.

Leila xx

Nikki, I am so glad it was a lovely day. You could not ask for more at such a sad time. I will be thinking of you and the girls in the weeks to come and hope you can pop back here whenever you feel strong enough. xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the sponsorship ladies, that is lovely of you. As I walk through the night I will be thinking of all of the wonderful, very special people I have come to know here. Jane, I havent forgotten I said I would write!

Love,

Nikki

I too wish I could give more Nikki. I sometimes sell things on Ebay, will try and give more to you over coming months if I can. I think you are brilliant to be doing what you are doing, and your girls. You are so brave.

Leila xx

Leila and Sandra,

Honestly, just the fact you are thinking of us means so very much. There are 5 of us talking part, our team name is "Paul's Posse" (his idea!), so we should be able to raise quite a bit between us for the charity.

Love,

Nikki

Hi Nikki, I cant find the link to your just giving page, think it might be on another thread- love the name of your team, don't worry about writing ,I know how quickly the day goes sorting out things, Ill send you my mobile number if that's ok and we can chat by text

love Jayne

x