Mum's diagnosis

Sueoliver

Oh no! poor you, they are so painful, as you say just what you don't need but it seems they can be brought on by stress. Pleased your mum had a better day, take care of yourself, love sandrax xx

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Sue! do hope they've caught in time for the anti virals to work! Pointless to say rest and relax, isn't it? But try to find some time to take care of yourself xx

Life really does have a habit of kicking you when you're down Sue. Glad however that your Mum had a better day after getting fluids.

Take care

Steve

X

After a very up and down weekend Mum has been sent to the local hospital today for an endoscopy and consultation. They are wondering if her stent is blocked even though it was clear on the scan at the beginning of March! Don't even know what to think I've been told so many things! She will be back at the Hospice either tonight or tomorrow so let's see what they say!

Sue x

Hi Sue,

Some good news there for your mum. I know endoscopies aren't nice, but they are finally doing something. This should have been done long ago. It just isn't right to mess with peoples emotions like this, especially those of someone with pancreatic cancer. I hope so much that you don't have a long wait for the results. In a good way, I hope it shows something, so they can do something and get your lovely mum back home.

Leila xx

Mum went to the local hospital on Monday. They have taken an x Ray and said there is fluid around the pancreas which they may drain! No endoscopy yet! She only saw a Dr once yesterday. They are only allowing her sips of water and no food. Yesterday she told me she hadn't washed or cleaned her teeth as no one had helped her! She managed to get to the toilet on her own thank goodness she didn't fall. I knew this would happen if they sent her to hospital! I asked to speak to a Dr but apparently he wasn't available! I phoned the hospice when I got in but it is out of their hands now! She will probably lose her bed in the hospice as well because the general hospital are taking so long! It was supposed to only be 24 hours!

We are now in a worst situation than before! I just don't understand any of it!

No wonder I've got shingles...talk about stressed! Sue x

Sue, don't go there your poor mum, in much the same situation here. Its all so frustrating, I know they are busy at the hospitals but the level of care is so bad, sending you love and a big ((hug)) love sandrax xx

Hi Sue really hope they get your mum sorted, hope she is still having fluids pumped into her, sips of water and no food in my experience means they are going to do something thinking about you love wacky xx

my man nearly came a cropper in general hospital a few days ago when they gave him heparin while his platelets were low even though he told them they should not do it. the oncologist went mad when it was discovered. he discharged himself that day as he didn't trust them not to kill him! do hope you get your mum sorted soon Sue x

Thankyou everyone. Mum has a tube through her nose which they are pumping out the fluid! It is green is that normal? Tomorrow she is having an endoscopy as apparently the stent has slightly moved! She is also being transferred to another ward.

I just hope she can survive all this treatment! She looks so tiny and frail! She has lost her bed at the hospice as they can't keep it indefinitely! She is hoping to go home this weekend!

Sue x

We can just hope she feels better at the end of it all, poor mum, and you too, are you feeling any better yet Sue, I have just started with a really tickly cough, it drove Trevor mad this afternoon as it kept waking him up love sandrax xx

Look after your self Sue, it will be lovely to have your mum home at the weekend.

Sending you lots of love ,

Cate Xxx

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear your Mum and you are having such a rough time. Really hope they get her sorted out soon,

Love,

Nikki

Hi Sue,

Hope your mum is feeling ok after everything she is having to go through. What is the likelihood of her going home soon?

Leila xx

Quick update. The drain is working well and Mum actually looked a little better tonight! The bad news is they couldn't do the endoscopy today as the x Ray wasn't available! Because it is a bank holiday it probably won't happen until Tuesday! They might beable to do it tomorrow as an emergency but I'm not holding my breath! Mum told them she couldn't survive on sips of water until Tuesday so she is allowed clear soup, tea and fortijuice!

Back on that roller coaster and I never liked them!

Sue x

Well at least your mum spoke up! Hope that keeps her going over the weekend and that she continues to feel better. xx

Mum has been discharged from hospital today! She had bile drained from her stomach for a few days and then yesterday they did the endoscopy and fitted a new stent within the old stent! They are hoping this will stop the sickness. She is allowed to start eating soft foods again!

I feel like I have been through every imaginable emotion in the last 2 weeks! I have my fingers crossed for some time that she feels fairly well and can start eating again! I feel on edge but maybe this will go in a few days if everything remains stable!

Lots of love,

Sue x

That's great news Sue, let hope that she can build herself up again, I know just how you feel, Trevor is still waiting, has a definite appointment for Tuesday at 2pm but is so tired, and worn out now. Of course you feel on edge, I am the same, its so wearing for you too, you go through everything with them, and worry about them too. take care of yourself love sandrax xx

Thankyou and just to let you know Nikki I have sponsored you and shared your page on my facebook. I really like to fundraise and I think it helps to know you have achieved something!

Sue x

Thank you Sue, that is really good of you. We raised an amazing amount of money in Paul's memory for our local hospice, so hoping we can do an equally good job for PCUK with our walk. Just hope my poor old knees can hold out! Thank- you also to the lovely Rob and Carl. I really didn't expect any of you to sponsor me, but it means so much.

Hope your Mum is doing ok today Sue,

Love,

Nikki

Mum is stable at the moment. Still very weak and tired but certainly looking better! She has started to eat small amounts of soft food again!

Fingers crossed she stays like this for a while!

Thinking of you all,

Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

Your mum sounds like a trooper. She has your daughters wedding in her sights! So pleased to read she is home and that she is eating well. I really hope she is feeling better in herself.

How are you coping? How are the shingles? Don't really know much about them, apart from they are not pleasant.

Leila xx