my husband of 2 weeks with weeks to live

scoobymandy

PCUK Nurse Dianne

Thanks Mandy,

I am sorry to hear the outcomes of the meeting were not so supportive. Please feel free to email (support@pancreaticcancer.org.uk) if you need some advice or guidance on how to take this forward, more than happy to help you with this if that would be helpful for you.

regards,

Dianne

Support Team

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scoobymandy

• Cathy

• PCUK Nurse Dianne

• Didge

Top Posters In This Topic

scoobymandy

hi dianne

thanks for your reply i have contacted your support team via email tonight, i just hope that something can be done. I am only challenging the nhs cause this was one of my promises to my husband the day he died.

i look forward to hearing from one of your team as to what i can do really

thanks mandy

• 2 months later...
scoobymandy

Hi everyone

The last few days have been hard for me as i had to cope with my first wedding anniversary on my own with my children i must say it was very hard to cope with and the tears were flowing on the 19th june will,be the worst day ever as,he,will be gone a year nothing will ever feel the same again in my life i lost the only person that i ever wanted in my family i hate the pain in my heart and i know it will never go away :(

Hi Mandy

There are a few of us on here in a similar position so we know what you are going through. You aren't alone.

Virtual hugs and thinking of you for now and the 19th

Cathy xx

• 7 months later...

Yet again more sad news that my dad has now only got a few days or weeks left and our family can only watch him die sadley he cancer which he had a varied amout of chemo from which also caused him to have 7 strokes in the last 18months has picked up septicemia which he is currently having antibiotics for.

I have had to watch him suffer since his whipples procedure 3 half years ago and now i cant see a happy ending to any thing we have just managed to start with life without my husband now ime going to have to do this without my dad nothing prepares you for this ever as i have found out ive lost my stepbrother 3 years ago, my husdand 2 years ago and now my dad life is so unfair and cancer is an evil thing.

Not only have i now got to look after my kids and now my mum who is as anyone can understand is destrought she is the only family i have left and now i am loosing my dad who i love with all my ♥ i just wish we could do more for him but all we can do is still here watchin him die and waste away :( life is so cruel

Sending you some cyber ((hugs)) what a truly horrendous few years you have had, glad you felt you could come here and I hope we can help in some small way. I hope your poor Dad has a peaceful end to his life, whenever that might be, sending love to you all take care sandrax

so so sorry for your loss, I lost my mum a couple of months ago to PC, so cruel, so sad I'm still trying to come to terms with it, sending love and hugs xxx

Hi thankyou for all your replies. Today ive been told by my mother thst there is nothing else anyone can do to help my dad as every antibiotic they have given him has failed hes been like this for a week now hes in no pain which i am so grateful for but extremly tired and very weak they are thinking that he should be placed in a hospice to make him more comfortable before he passes away my mother has been so strong shes had to cope with this vile disease for 3 half years now and painfully watching him die it breaks my heart to think that this disease has taken not just my husband but my dad too. We are all distraught and in fairness i just wish he would go peacefully in his sleep it may sound selfish but ive already seen what it does to someone at first had and i dont wanna relive it all again but ime having day by day waiting for that phonecall to come and say goodbye. I wish this was all a dream but sadley its not

These terrible times just have to be borne, even though it is so hard. I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we are all thinking of you in the hard times ahead and are here for you whenever you need us. x

Dear Mandy,

I've just read first time your thread this morning, it is just so sad, so unfair.

Thinking of you and wish you all the strength.

Susanna x

• 2 weeks later...

Sadley my dad passed away 15/02/2015 after his long battle with this disease and also the strokes he had caused by his chemo he was having he was so brave and fought hard he was on remission of 18months and no one could of imagined he would been taken from us over three years of battling have whipples op and 3 lots of chemo 6 strokes the last one was the major one lost all his speach his ability to swallow or comunicate with anyone my families life has been turned upside down again and the greaving process has never really left as 2 years ago i lost my husband and we have to start again this is evil disease and our family doesnt need anymore heart ache in the past 4 years we have lost 3 big family members two to cancer one a brain hemorrage youngest 45 oldest 74

Really sorry to hear your very sad news. You have had a lot to contend with over the last few years and now to lose your dear Dad after a long battle with this awful disease must be so difficult.

My thoughts are with you at this hard time.

Steve

X

Echoing every ones sentiments and sending sincere condolences to you and all your family. What a truly horrendous time you have all had, over the last few years. Thinking of you all, please take care sandrax

PCUK Nurse Jeni

So sorry to hear of the news that your dad has passed away.

Sending you our condolences from all at Pancreatic Cancer UK.

Take care of yourself - we are here for you should you need us.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

Dear Mandy,

I am so sorry to read that your dear Dad has passed away. It is just so cruel. You've gone through so much in the last few years, just so unfair.

I am sending you and your family my condolences.

Thinking of you. Please take care.

Susanna xxx

Thankyou for all your kind words my mum is devestated he was her life for 28 years and she did all she could to help him through the tough times my mum is all i have left in my family now and it destroys me to see her so sad there is nothing i can do to try and make this any easier for her all she wants is my dad back she sits on the sofa cuddling his blanket and looking at his picture constantly crying i just dunno what to do it i jave kids of my own and my mum lives quite far away from me

We each need to grieve in our own way, in ways which are sometimes distressing to others. If this is what your mum feels she needs to do, then she must. Perhaps it brings her a little comfort. Thinking of you and your mum xx