first time on this site

yvonne57

Hi I had whipples procedure back in march, and completed six months of gemcetabine in october. Recovered pretty well and managed to go back to work on reduced hours in December. Love being back at work and the normality it gives me. Only thing is now I have suspected lung mets,and appointment with oncologist has been brought forward after having a CT scan. See him next week.Anybody been through similar experience?

Yvonne

Dollysdaughter

Hi Yvonne, I can't reply directly to your message but just wanted to say hi and sorry you have had to go through everything you have. I'm sure people will be in contact with the advice you need, best wishes x

Hi Yvonne, Sorry, don't know anything about lung mets, my husband had the middle and tail end of his pancreas removed in September 13, he started chemo in the November, but he was on 5FU, at the end of January 14 we found that he had mets in his liver, so they changed his treatment to Folfirinox. Sorry to hear of your problems, take care sandrax

Hi Yvonne and welcome,

My husband has secondaries in his lymph nodes in his lungs. They were seen on scan following surgery in August 2013, initially they were thought to be infection, and to date they haven't changed. The oncologist said that lung secondaries are unusual in PC, but haven't heard that anywhere else. Really hope it proves to be nothing to worry about for you. Do let us know how you get on,

Best wishes,

Nikki

Hello everyone. I wanted to thank everyone for the replies, and to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Early wishes I know but I will not be able to do it later as the nature of my work means I will not be about at that time. Good luck to all.

yvonne