What Next

wackywacky

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see oncologist today, the B as grown that slightly they cant measure how much and also she advised markers dropped to 400, so what do we say to all this "good stuff". The problem we have at the moment is his weight oncologist wants him to put a bit on (lost another kg) before chemo so we are to up creon and as much chocolate as he wants (sod diabetes last reading was 6.5 so metformin must be working) we go back end of January to see if we can start on Gembacitaban, so we are not fattening the turkey up for xmas we are fattening beloved up. Overall good outcome to say nearly 9 months since all started and only 3 weeks of chemo. Thanks for all your support and Jayne hope your ok x

That's great news Wacky, about the shrinkage. I put double cream in Trevor's porridge every morning more butter in mash, butter on vegetables, more butter on his bread and he has just started back on his fortisip drinks, he is eating well, but only mealtimes, where as before he was constantly hungry. The main problem is I am putting weight on like Nikki, which I certainly don't need!!! The thing that worries me is, we will extend their lives one way whilst killing them off with too much fat, can't win can we, take care sandrax xx

Good news Wacky,im ok, to be honest it feels like a dream, Jessica is keeping me going, had me putting up the xmas tree yesterday, take care,

love Jayne

x

• 1 month later...

Hi one and all, at this present moment in time beloved best he has felt since this as all started and second goal reached Christmas day so all good. To get to this point 2 stays in hospital, 2 blood transfusions, 2 ct scans, camera down throat, change of tablets to Pregabalin and an extended duodenum stent as tissue growing over the old one and they think this may have caused the bleed (couldent find one anywhere else) Three weeks since last in hospital and put 5kg on since then when we started on Pregabalin, Now for the so so bit, we have been back to see oncologitst and she is well impressed with beloved and even told him he could have gembacitban if he wanted( the B as grown slightly and also showing more in liver), she then went through everything what could happen (we all know this) saying basically it could make him feel crap again and only known to prolong one or two months(we are well past our sell by day). As we stand now its up to us, beloved did ask if he would get to his third goal not doing anything she said he should (will let you all know that when we get there). Beloved feels so good its just like he use to be, I think I know already what he as decided with the journey we have had over the last 10month. Love to you all x

Hi Wacky, I have been wondering how you have been doing, glad to hear from you and even gladder that beloved is feeling well, and really that's all that counts in the grand scheme of things. All our little group seem to be struggling at the moment.

We are pretty much in a similar position to youselves, the B, is growing with us too, but quite quickly unfortunately for us, so my beloved is still on treatment, but still doing well.

Whatever decision your beloved makes, its the right one for him, and its a decision we will all be faced with I am sure.

Please post again, only if you want to of course, somehow your posts always make me smile even though I might shed a tear too, love to you both, take care sandrax x

Hi Wacky,

That is wonderful that your beloved has been feeling so well. Paul seems to be following in his steps, first the gabapetin and now he is going to have a duodenal. With all of this, somehow I think we just know what the right thing to do is. Your posts always make me smile too, you are really good with words (despite what you may think) and you so often hit the nail on the head with what you say.

Love to you and beloved,

Nikki

Hi thanks for your replies like I have said before you know what to say and how to say things at the right time. Beloved still ok but we have been to doctors today as beloved wanted to talk to him about his swollen feet and to see if he could take pregabalin 3 times a day, we have had this conversation with oncologist already but ha ho got to pacify him at times. Love to you all wacky x

Ohhhhh Wacky, beloveds and pacify two words I understand only TOO WELL, Trevor keeps asking the same questions over and over again, when we go to the hospital, always gets the same answer, but because he doesn't like the answer, he still keeps asking lol sandrax xx

Thank you Jayne, hope you and Jess are coping as well as you can its got to be bloody hard for both of you xxxxxxxxx. Update on beloved we have cold cough cough splutter splutter, he says he just feels crap today because of this but he has no pain (oh and he can still manage the cigs). Fingers crossed its just a cold, love wacky x

PCUK Nurse Dianne

HI Wacky Wacky,

Thanks for the update, great inspiring conversations and I do like your 'light hearted' journalistic updates given the impact of what we are all dealing with here. Thanks for your continued motivation to others and pleased to hear beloved is still positive about Goal no 3.

Best wishes to you both.

Dianne

Support Team