My 41 years old husband has inoperable pancreatic cancer

SusannaUK

Hi Susanna,

I am crossing my fingers very hard and hoping the hospice will sort things out for you. They are generally great places and will give you a little bit of a break too (in and around your little boys of course!).

Thinking of you

Cathy xx

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SusannaUK

• nikkis

• sandraW

• Cathy

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Cathy!

My husband had his 10th cycle of Folfirinox today at last! His blood test result was good.

His tumour marker dropped again!!! In September was 26,340, today was 16,000. It is a huge improvement comparing to the time when he was diagnosed. At that time it was 187,749. I don't really understand how it could drop, as he hadn't had chemo for 6 weeks, but it is just such a great news, we are happy!

Now the oncologist said that it is down to my husband if he wants the next one in two weeks or three weeks. He is very weak now, sleeping and tomorrow morning he will move in to the hospice. I have big hope for them to sort his pain out. Fingers crossed.

Take care all of you,

Susanna x

Hi Susanna, good to see the Hospice is sorted out and in conjunctuon with the bloods/marker results can hopefully lead to more improvements. Keep us posted!

Take care.

Steve

X

Thank you Steve!

So, my husband moved in to the hospice yesterday. He spent 2 months there in Summer, so we knew how it would be, although the hospice has been refurbished recently and it is even better now. He is feeling very unwell now because of the chemo he got on Wednesday. I miss him so much from home, I am alone with the boys and the flat is a bit empty without him. The boys miss him too and keep asking me where their Papa is. I told them that he had to move in to the hospital to be examined by doctors.

I know that he is in good hands and I really hope that they can help him with this awful pain.

Take care everyone.

Susanna x

Thank you Nikki, Fiona, Jayne!

Sadly it's not going well at all. I am very scared now. It will be 1 week tomorrow morning in the hospice and pain is still there, even stronger than before. Nobody understand why he's got pain, they increased the morphine, Pregabalin and Amitriptyline but no change. He doesn't eat (almost nothing). I am very worried about him, he has lost a lots of weight in the last two weeks. It is heartbreaking to see him like this. It is like this awful PC eating him up... He is very very weak, hardly can stand on his feet, crying a lot and very thin. I am so scared that not long left! Sometimes he looks like he is dying. I just remember my Grandmother's face towards the end and my husband often looks like her. My Grandmother died of pancreatic cancer spread to liver in 2007, 3 months from diagnosis.

I am just so scared of the future. I am just so worried about him, about the boys, about myself, I cannot find words to describe this. Unfortunately you all know this terrible feeling. I will update you if anything changes.

Take care everyone,

Susanna x

Dear Susanna, sending big cyber (((hugs))) to you, your husband, and those precious boys. stay strong you have done so well, thinking of you, please take care sandrax.

Dear Susanna, so sorry to hear about your husband's continued pain and weight loss. It's so hard watching loved ones hurting and suffering from this awful disease. I'm thinking of you and your family and hoping they get his pain sorted out soon and that you are all able to have some peaceful time. Fiona X

ah susanna im sorry to hear your husband is still in pain. I was told my husband was one of the few people who didn't respond to morphine, they gave him pethadine and buscapan intravaneously which helped. I hope they get the pain sorted soon,

love Jayne

x

The Isle of Skye

Hello Susanna

So sorry to hear your husband is still suffering such intense pain and is so ill. I can hear the distress you are feeling and can only imagine the reality of your situation. It is beyond heartbreaking what you and your husband are going through and hope you both keep finding the strength, courage and support you need to get through this.

Far from wishing to give yourself, your husband or anyone else on this forum false hope, I recently found some information that I hope may be of some use to you and have included some links that might be of interest to you further down. It isn't the promise of a cure, although there seem to be testimonies that it has cured some, but could hopefully at least bring some relief and support for the immune system to help regain some strength and perhaps relieve some of your husbands pain.

It has long been known by the medical profession that an acidic pH predisposes the body to disease. Having studied nutrition I have recently done some research looking at the causes of cancer. Underlying that research there is strong evidence to suggest that cancer needs both an acidic environment low in oxygen to thrive and grow and a source of sugar to feed on. That by changing the pH levels within the body to a highly alkaline pH of around 8 to 8.5 and holding it there for a period of 5 days can possibly cause the destruction of cancer cells and in some cases the cancer can go into remission for as long as the blood pH levels remain within an alkaline range of around 7.4, the optimum pH for a healthy body.

At this stage you would maintain an optimum pH of 7.4 through eating a healthy alkaline diet by eating a wide range of green leafy vegetables, broccoli, spinach and kale for instance whilst removing all sugar including fruit until cancer clear in order to starve the cancer of its food source. All processed foods not only lack nutrients but contain harmful chemical preservatives that are stored in our fat cells within our organs and would be omitted from the diet along with animal products, meats and dairy, replacing them with wholegrain rice, beans, pulses nuts and seeds etc. As bland as it may seem these foods are extremely nutritious and nourishing and cleanse the body as much as heal it leaving you with a sense of increased vitality and well being that surpasses previous levels of health.

Alkalising the body to treat cancer can be done in various ways such as through the diet as well as supplements and includes eating raw vegetables in salads as well as smoothies containing lots of green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach. If your husband is unable to eat at the moment due in part because of the pain and loss of appetite his digestive system would perhaps find it difficult to digest solid meals where liquid meals such as green vegetable smoothies are easily digestible. I watched someone making a green smoothie from a huge amount of vegetables and then picked up a tub of green powder and said when he was busy he would use the powdered form in water to make a green drink that was as equally alkalising. So not to worry about buying equipment to blend drinks if you don't have it but still wanted to try this.

I also remember years ago my neighbours husband had throat cancer and couldn't eat. He was given cartons of high calorie drinks from the hospital that contained a huge amount of sugars and was completely incompatible with treating cancer. To treat cancer all sugars including fruit is removed from the diet in order to starve the cancer. Toxins are also eliminated from the body using such things as herbal or coffee enemas to cleanse and detox the liver. I should also add that chemotherapy is in it's self not only toxic to the cancer but also toxic to your husband and that if he chose to do any of these therapies he could expect to perhaps feel worse initially as the body detoxes the chemicals from his treatments as well as detoxing and flushing out the dead cancer cells and to be prepared for that for a short period of time.

I read the remarkable testimony of a gentleman called Vernon Johnson who was diagnosed with terminal stage 4 prostate and bone cancer. His son told him about the benefits of alkalising the body and through his own research came across a book with a prescribed method of alkalising the body using bicarbonate of Soda and maple syrup. The bicarbonate was mixed in water with the maple syrup ( a sugar source) and warmed to dissolve then drunk. The sugar source acted as a Trojan horse feeding the cancer cells whilst also absorbing the alkalising bicarbonate of soda. When he went for his scan 11 days following the start of this protocol he was cancer clear. That is not to say that it is a cure for everyone, there are many factors that may need to be present in order for a complete cure, however it would seem that by alkalising the body you are going to bring at the very least some relief to the immune system, vital for fighting cancer.

Vernon Johnson has his own website, phkillscancer.com. On his website he has a link to what he calls the protocol he used as well as testimonies of other people who have tried it, he also has a youtube video making the bicarb solution. There is another very useful website you may like to look at called Cancer Compass Alternate Route. There is an interesting case of an English gentleman called Allan Taylor you'll find there and can be contacted at the bottom of his page for more information, help and advice. Also under the heading of Cancer at the top of the home page is a link for Pain Relief. Part way down the list is a pain relief remedy for cancer pain using lemons and bicarbonate of soda to release the body of lactic acid that builds up with cancer causing severe pain. Athletes and sportsmen often use bicarb to release a build of lactic acid to relieve pain in their muscles and I have used bicarbonate of soda for years as a cure all to relieve stomach pain or to stop migraines in their track or to relieve the symptoms of flu or stop colds etc as it boosts the immune system.

To note Bicarbonate of soda, not to be confused with baking powder or baking soda, is inexpensive and easily available. I bought some recently in Asda that was in their own brand range in a round cardboard container with nothing else added. Some have additives and some contain aluminium that should be avoided. I would also buy a good quality maple syrup for the protocol. I would start your husband off with ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda stirred into a small cup of room temperature water 3 x day on the first day then increase to 1 teaspoon 3 times a day on the second day. On the 3rd day I would start the Bicarbonate of soda and maple syrup or molasses protocol. If you wanted to try the cancer pain relief recipe using lemon juice I would commence that on the 2nd day then after a few days I would start the bicarbonate of soda protocol with the molasses. You will also need to purchase some pH indicator strips, the best I have found are sold on amazon, link below. If you have problems finding these I would be happy to post some onto you.

I know you have so much to do with your time but I watched a film you may find interesting also on a Hungarian Pioneering Dr Stanislaw Burzynski's who has been successfully treating patients with brain tumours in spite of a campaign to discredit him and put him out of practice that has gone on for decades. Sadly because there is no money in natural cures for cancer such as using for instance nutritional and naturopathic medicine which causes no harm to the body, cases of people curing themselves in such a way are also discredited and not widely reported on as you would hope and imagine they should be, at least in order that people felt they had another choice. Politics rather than common sense take over and so sadly no money is invested in research in this area.

Again I stress I don't wish to give you false hope and don't mean to cause any offensive to yourself or anyone else on the forum, I just feel under the circumstances when your husband is suffering so much pain that it would feel wrong not to share this information if there is even a remote possibility that he might find some relief. I know this is a lot of information and mostly a ramble but there is some very good information within those links below that will far better explain all of this to you.

I sincerely hope your husband finds some relief from his pain.

If I can help in any way please feel free to contact me also by email or phone if you would like to talk further about any of this or just to chat.

Wishing you both all the best Susanna

Fiona xx

http://cancercompassalternateroute.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cancer-CompassAn-Alternate-Route/464410856902927

http://cancercompassalternateroute.com/testimonials/alan-taylor-heals-terminal-colon-cancer-with-alkaline-diet-and-supplements/

http://cancercompassalternateroute.com/testimonials/healing-prostate-cancer-with-an-alkaline-diet/

http://phkillscancer.com/

http://phkillscancer.com/protocol

http://cancercompassalternateroute.com/cancer/relief-from-cancer-pain/

http://drsircus.com/medicine/sodium-bicarbonate-baking-soda/mark-pagel-sodium-bicarbonate-precautions-treating-cancer-tumors

http://cancercompassalternateroute.com/doctors-and-clinics/stanislaw-burzynski-and-his-antineoplaston-treatment/

The Isle of Skye

Hello Susanna

This is the link for the pH indicator strips sold on Amazon. These are the best I have found for accuracy and give a wide range indicator, necessary for the Bicarbonate of Soda Protocol. There are cheaper available but have found them to be a waste of money and will not give the accuracy of reading required. I would be happy to post some to you if you wanted to try Vernon Johnson's Protocol but have difficulty acquiring this particular product.

If you did do the Protocol it would be good to record your husbands pH balance and may be worth you writing the date and time on the sticks as he used them. I think Vernon Johnson goes into some detail about how he recorded his results within his protocol link. Keeping a diary to note any improvement can be useful also for your husband to refer back to. Don't worry if you don't record it, it's only for your own record as an indication of a starting point and your husbands progress, but may be useful to share with others on the forum later if he does experience pain relief etc.

In order to see how alkaline Bicarbonate of Soda is dip an indicator strip in a glass of water with ½ teaspoon of Bicarb stirred in. Is off the scale!

All the best, Fiona x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Test-Strips-Urine-Saliva-strips/dp/B004F1SZ2A/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1414840160&sr=1-1&keywords=Simplex+Health

Thank you Jayne and Fiona. I have forwarded all your posts to my husband and of course I've read them too. Thank you Fiona for the detailed explanation of alkalising and all the links you shared with us. They are really useful.

I am very very nervous now! So frightened. At around midday my husband called me from the hospice that he was experiencing a new pain in his stomach and he cannot go to the toilet (no urine either) and it was a very strange pain. After that I tried to call him all afternoon but his mobile was switched off. Then one of the nurses from the hospice called me at 5 pm that he had just put my husband to the ambulance because he'd had this unusual pain since the morning and his abdominal started to be swollen. So the hospice found the best option if they send him to the hospital for investigation by the surgical team. I called him immediately, but he just said one sentence, that he would call me later. Since then I cannot get in touch with him, his mobile is switched off. I am very very scared if something serious happened with him. I think I will call the hospice, they might know something about him...

Take care all of you.

Susanna

x

Susanna, can you not ring the hospital, direct and find out how is feeling as I am sure you will not settle to sleep tonight unless you do. Don't feel that you are bothering them, because you are not, they will tell you husband that you have been on the phone too, and that will help him too. I will be thinking of you, and lets hope they can get him sorted out, please take care love sandrax x

Thank you Sandra!

At the end the doctor called me from the hospital and said to me that there is a very serious situation and he (the doctor) would like me to come in tonight. I was shaking and still shaking. I called one of our friends over to look after the boys and I came in to the hospital. What the doctor said is just heartbreaking. My husband had a scan and it showed that the cancer spread to his bowel, which probably caused the big pain. Also we were told that there is a possible leakage on his bowel which is extremely dangerous. They cannot operate him, he is too weak. They give him now antibiotics and fluid to try to heal the leakage if there is any.if it cannot heal it than it is fatal and he can die within 1 day. I am totally destroyed, heartbroken, he is sleeping now and I am sitting next to him. My sister booked a ticket for tonight for my father, so he will be here by 7 pm today. I cannot describe how I feel now, there are no words...

Susanna x

Susanna this is shocking for you . I am so glad your father is on his way you need support. The hospital will do everything they can for your husband. Stay strong and think of your lovely boys. Thinking of you Sue x

Hi Susanna,

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this, it is so unfair. Thinking of you, your husband and your little boys today,

Love,

Nikki

Hello Susanna

How awful this must be for you and your family. The hospice told us that something had burst inside my husband and that he would not last the day but he defied all the odds and carried on for 5 more days with it seemed little pain or discomfort.I really feel for you and hope that your relatives can be with you through this. Thinking of you Lyn xx

Susanna, sending you cyber ((hugs)) so glad you father can come over to give you support, I am thinking of you and your husband, and those beautiful boys. Be strong and hopefully things will improve, take care, love sandrax

Hi Susanna

Thinking of you at this scarey time, hope you father is there with you to support you at this time. I hope they have managed to get his pain under control too. Sending you a cyber hug

Jules x

The Isle of Skye

Hi Susanna

I am so saddened to hear that. I hope your father is with you soon to give you love and support.

If you can, with this precious time you have with your husband be present with him Susanna. Nothing at all else in this world matters for you both at this moment than to share what's in your heart with him. It doesn't need to be words. Just feel all the love you hold in your heart for him and send it to him. Through your unbearable pain let him see your smile, feel your touch on his skin, your kisses on his face. If he is in too much pain just hold his hand or sit close. Your husband will take strength from your love in any way he needs it, both now or if sadly he passes. It is my belief that we take love with us.

I so dearly hope for you both this isn't the time and just the chance of a beautiful moment shared.

x