3 months today

kloweey

It was three months ago today we recieved the call from the hospice asking us to get there as fast as we could..20 minutes, 20 minutes too late, my dad passed away just before we got there, it hurts more than ever sometimes I just don't want to get out of bed I feel like I've got no one to talk to anymore because it's just "old news" to everyone else, I can't stop thinking of all the things my dads missed, moving into my first house and getting my first job, I keep thinking about the future without him and t hurts so much knowing he won't be there to walk me down the isle if I ever get marries he won't meet his grand kids if I ever have any I miss my dad more each day I'd do anything to see and speak to him just one more time. I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.

It is so hard. It's coming up to 12 months (next week) since my husband died. I feel like you too, sometimes not wanting to get out of bed, but we have to keep going, there's nothing more to do. I know my husband and your dad would want us to carry on and enjoy our own lives as much as we can. They'd want us to remember them and the happy times we shared and not be sad.

Much love.

Julia x

Hi, it is so hard and I know exactly how you feel, Its 50 years on the 24th of October since my Dad died, suddenly of a massive heart attack I was 17. I too thought of all the times he would not be there, but I always felt that he was. When I was being good I could feel him smiling and when I was doing things I knew he wouldn't like I could feel the frown and hear the telling off, I still can all these years later. The special days, my wedding the birth of my two sons, he was there with me, but I do regret that they and my husband never got to meet him, but they know him through me and all the times I tell them about him.

It is very early days yet, for you, but you will never forget him, and he will always be there for you.

Please post on here, if you need support, that's what we are here for, to help all we can, take care Sandrax xx

I know exactly how you feel, my dad passed away 24th July, we didn't get to the hospital in time, it's a 45 minute cab journey as dad was in a London hospital. I so regret not knowing he was so close to the end. I hadn't been able to visit him due to work and looking after my 5 year old daughter fir his last 3days. I can't keep focusing on that admit will eat me up. I get upset as I have a child of all that he will miss with her. It is an evil disease, big hugs I so know how you feel.

Big hugs to you too rsk1974, I am sure your Dad understood, your problems, and knew you were thinking of him, you will keep him alive in your daughter's mind I am sure, by talking about him, and telling her how he is looking down on you all, as I say I understand how you are feeling. take care sandrax xx

Thank you all for all the support, it's been a struggle and it seems the same for you all I think I'm just struggling to grieve if anything I'm struggling to get my emotions out ad vent properly, it is difficult it's coming up to my 19th birthday and the day after is my dads 55th so it's a happy/ sad occasion, aye I know exactly what you mean about not doing enough I regret telling my dad on so many occasions that I couldn't make it to his house for really silly trivial reasons I think everyone regrets things when people pass away to be honest, I think I'm only just coming to terms with the loss really it's all still really raw, it's nice to know there's a place I can let my feelings out though thank you all! Xx

Well it's just hit me, dad passed away end of July. My daughter today has just lost her first baby tooth, I'm so sad I can't tell dad. Sorry just had to express this

• 1 year later...

rsk1974 wrote:

> Well it's just hit me, dad passed away end of July. My daughter today has

> just lost her first baby tooth, I'm so sad I can't tell dad. Sorry just had

> to express this

I know exactly how you feel, it's the little things you miss sharing with them xxx