Mum's diagnosis

Sueoliver

A little bit of good news!Mum has been home for just over a week since having the duodenal stent and has improved each day. She is eating and drinking, has gained some weight and is back to being positive and very animated! I am so happy for her she even came round to see me on Sunday! First time since 20th May!

Going vwith her for the oncology appointment tomorrow and I am hoping he will offer some chemo! I know it won't be folfirinox but hopefully something else.

Thinking of everyone else on this forum. Sue x

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sueoliver

• sandraW

• Didge

• brodders

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou for the replies. The oncologist was very pleased with mum today. She has put on some weight and has her strength back. They are starting the folfirinox again on Friday! She will have 3 more and then a CT scan to see what is happening. This is such good news as she was so poorly a couple of weeks ago. The oncologist asked her if she felt strong enough to carry on and she replied "I just want to get on with it" that's the spirit !

Sue x

Sue, that's brilliant news. Your mum sounds amazing and it's great news for the rest of us and gives me hope when James is having a bad time, that there are still better times ahead.

Fiona X

Sue, Great news, glad she is feeling so much stronger, take care sandrax

ps I did post to you the other night but I can't see it must have pushed the wrong button.

Mum is still doing well but just wanted to ask about blood spots! She has some on her arms and legs. Has anyone else had these they look very red and are all sizes! Sue x

• 2 weeks later...

Mum is still coping with chemo and put on some weight but at her check up yesterday had lost 6lb. I know this has nothing to do with PC but my niece has secondary breast cancer and collapsed a week ago. She has now only a few days to a few weeks she is so poorly. I feel as if my family is being hit hard by cancer! We are all devastated she is 35 years old! Sorry to put this on here but needed to write it down. I went to see her last night in hospital and because of my mum it is so hard. Life changing!

Take care everyone and thanks for the support. Sue x

Sorry to hear your news Sue. Cancer certainly knows how to kick you when you are already down. It's cruelty seems to have no bounds. We are all thinking of you.

Regards to your Mum.

Steve

X

Sue, how awful for you all, so sorry to hear about your niece. On the weight issue Trevor usually drops 4 to 6 pounds the first week of the 2 week cycle, but then usually most of it comes back over the second week, as the nurses said to him for 2 days his body is racing non stop so is bound to use more calories. Lets hope Mum is the same, as Steve say's we are thinking of you and your family, take care sandrax

Sue, Sandra's comments regarding weight loss and recovery over the 2 week cycle reflect mine as well. I struggle in the first week and stuff my face during the second! The net effect seems to be a steady weight.

Steve

X

Thank you Steve and Sandra it just helps to write it all down. Life is so cruel sometimes! Thankyou to all you wonderful people on this forum. Sue x

Hi Sue,

I am sorry to hear about your niece, it is just so sad!

About weight loss, we have pretty much the same experience as Sandra and Steve. My husband in the first half after chemo struggles to eat anything, lose weight, second half is better, when he tries to gain it back. Unfortunately my husband is still losing a bit of weight every time, but it slowed down by now.

Thinking of you and your family, take care, Susanna x

Ran the 5k pretty muddy today for cancer research. Myself and my family raised £1075 for this great cause. Never thought I would be ever running a 5k but did it for my mum.

Thinking of everyone on here today. Sue x

Well done Sue- my sister and I are planning to do something for pancreatic cancer research. There is so much we don't know. People pass away with such speed. Hope you mum ok . Cate xx

Hi Cate mums ok she is still very positive. She has her 6th folfirinox on Friday and then a ct scan at the end of the month. She is hoping that everything will be ok and it's shrinking the tumour! I am dreading it! Such a cruel disease I can see the deterioration!

Sue x

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been on here for a couple of weeks but mum continues to tolerate the folfirinox. They had to stop it for 30 minutes last time because of a reaction. They gave her piriton and slowed it down. She is having chemo today which is her 7th and then has a ct scan on the 30th! Mum continues to lose weight but just a couple of pounds every fortnight! She is quite picky with her food and still hates the creon tablets! She is still positive and only ever talks about when she is better. She had to fill out a survey for the hospital and she described her illness as a "one off!"

My niece was admitted to a Hospice yesterday as they can no longer treat her cancer. She is 36 years old! Our whole family are struggling and I have to admit I feel like a tornado has hit me and is wreaking havoc. I'm hoping to see her today but I'm not sure what I will be like.

Life's cruel sometimes and I think I've lost all faith! Thankyou to all you lovely people who understand. Sue x

I know it wasn't pancreatic cancer but my beautiful niece died this morning from secondary breast cancer at 36 years old. She told us all she was going to be an Angel in Heaven!

My mum was admitted to hospital yesterday with an infection but they don't know where it is! It is not her stent or pic line! She had a CT scan this afternoon and I'm dreading the results. Just going to the hospital now.

This all too heartbreaking. Love to everyone out there struggling with the effects of cancer. Sue x

Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your niece, I am sure she will be an Angel, smiling down on you all from Heaven. Lets hope you get some good news when you get to the hospital, and see your mum. Thinking of you all, take care,love, sandrax