Husband newly diagnosed

Chrisf

alison vickerman

Hi im alison me and my husband are just turned 40 we have a 13 year old son today my husband goes into hospital for removal of half his pancreas and spleen due to a tumour he has we dont know if its cancerous or not yet but it is such a shock and im scared stiff I wish you both all the best its such a devastating thing this cancer

Just wanted to say hello to Alison and welcome. Be prepared for him to be in theatre for longer than they say, and if possible ask about an epidural for pain relief,

Hope all goes well,

Nikki

Hi Alison. Thinking about you and hoping the op has gone well. Is it a distal pancreatectomy? (tail of pancreas). If so this is a shorter op than the Whipples and my other half recovered really well so I hope yours does the same. Let us know how he gets on. x

Hi Alison, hello and welcome, my husband too had a sub-total/distal pancretectomy. a year ago tomorrow, he too recovered well, so try not to worry too much. He was in the high dependency unit for 48 hours, but home 7 days after his operation, and out tidying the garden in 4 weeks, take care sandrax

• 2 weeks later...
alison vickerman

Hi thanks for all your messages simons opp went well his surgeon even managed to keep his spleen and simon is now homw going back tommorrow to get the drain removed then just waiting for the results from the tumour simon had a partial pancreatecomy many thanks all for your messages from alison.

Hi Alison, that's very good news, why don't you start your own thread, then we will know where you are to look out for your posts, It's easy to do, must be as I managed it ok, Hope its more good news for you take care sandrax