Jonathan's final performance

Cathy

Sorry, I know this isn't related, just wanted to say how lovely the above post is. I've not been here long, but I am constantly here. No one seems to get my emotions, in real life, and they fluctuate massively.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cathy

• Slewis7313

• nikkis

• sandraW

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that a good friend of ours is swimming a mile in Lake Windermere in June for PCUK. As well as being one of Jonathan's oldest friends, he also lost his sister only a few years ago to pancreatic cancer. He is swimming for both of them with proceeds to go to PCUK.

His just giving page is here. Please share with friends.

http://www.justgiving.com/Rod-Arthur

Many thanks

Cathy xxx

Cathy, I wasn't sure how to contact you but this should trigger an email to you. I'm afraid I won't be at the workshop tomorrow as I will be having my PICC line fitted. Another time maybe?

Steve

X

Hi Steve

Didn't catch this before I set off so went armed with Picc line cover. Absolutely no worries tho and definitely another time. Are you planning on coming down to London soon?

Have an absolutely super holiday!

Cathy

Xxx

• 4 months later...

Hello Cathy

I did not want to take over someone's forum so have found your old forum. I hope you are doing well. It still doesn't seem quite real does it that they have gone. One day I am fine and think I am doing really well and then another day feel terrible and cry on and off all day. Family and friends have been great and I couldn't have got this far without them. I expect you feel exactly the same. Upset, angry but most of all glad that you had all the happy times with them during their life. It was lovely to hear from you. take care Lyn x

Hi Lyn,

I haven't had the time to get on here much recently (Jonathan's benefit is tomorrow and its keeping me busy) so it was so touching to log on and see my old post on here, and lovely to hear from you too :). I kind of feel like we are soldiers trooping on.

I am glad you are getting support, I think that makes such a huge difference. If you'd ever like to get in touch, email the nurses here and they will give you my email address. It would always be lovely to hear from you.

Cathy xx

Thanks Nikki :)

I hope so....

I think about you and Paul a lot and look out for your posts when I am on here You are both doing super!

When things are less manic I hope to be able to check in a bit more often.

Loads of love

Cathy xx

Thanks Steve,

Can't quite believe it's going to happen now but it seems it is going to. It may be organised chaos...! There will be photographic evidence I imagine.

And I hope to see you soon with one of the PCUK meetings?? I hope so.

Loads of love

Cathy xxx

Thanks Cathy. We should be meeting on 9th October at last. After the meeting I am off to Wembley to watch England play San Marino. I am not really a football fan, but my colleagues and I are being treated by the Company as we have been productive boys and girls!

I expect the afternoon meeting will be more productive than the evening event!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve

X

Thanks Steve,

Will look forward to that and I am sure the football will be great (sadly the eyes rolling smiley doesn't work any longer).

I'll be posting photos of the benefit onto the facebook page that has been set up for it. Don't want to give any more details for fear of falling short of forum rules but a search will bring it up.

For anyone in the dark about this, when my partner, Jonathan, died earlier this year we decided to do a benefit in the summer with proceeds to PCUK. The benefit is tonight.

Cathy

Hello Cathy. Hope the benefit goes really well for you all. Will contact and email you direct as suggested. Take care and keep your chin up. Lyn x

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a quick update on Jonathan's benefit. It was FANTASTIC!! I started it off with a speech about Jonathan and why we had organised the evening and talked about PC then introduced the host. The event was hosted by a well known spoof comedian (forum rules I think prohibits me from giving names of the performers) who was a good friend of Jonathan and then we had friends get up and do a performance... Music and comedy. We had a raffle in the Interval with prizes including a holiday and a signed Corrie script (Jonathan used to be in Corrie). The second half was the same and the evening ended with a speech by Clara the deputy CEO from PCUK. It was a wonderful wonderful evening and Jonathan would have LOVED it. He was very present throughout the night.

Cathynxxx

Cathy, I am sooooo glad it went well. Sounds like it was a really memorable evening and a fitting tribute. Can you give me a pointer to the Facebook pages to pick up the pictures please?

Steve

X

Congrats Cathy it must have taken a lot of your time to organise the event but sounds it was a success and I am sure it as helped rise awareness about PC I like Steve would like a link to Face book if poss .

Hope everyone here on the forum are coping with the ups and downs that are going on with PC it's very difficult for suffers and carers but you can only take one day at a time .

EmmaR x

So pleased it went well Cathy, Jonathan would be so proud of you. I found the link by putting Jonathan, Facebook and Pancreatic Cancer into google.

Lots of love,

Nikki

Thanks everyone. That's really nice.

I'm now across the pond feeling a bit shattered. No wifi in the apartment so just catching up in a little cafe now.

Stay well everyone while I'm away

Cathy. Xxx