Wish someone would help him

Guest Fifi

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Wonderful, good news Leila!

This is great indeed - long may it last.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandraW

• Didge

• Slewis7313

• Sueoliver

Top Posters In This Topic

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Wonderful, good news Leila!

This is great indeed - long may it last.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

Really good news Leila. We didn't hear about the cancer being in the lymph nodes either until further down the line, I agree with Sandra that sometimes the doctors feel it is too much to take in at the start,

Best wishes,

Nikki

Great news, Leila and I agree with others that first it's in the original organ then it gets into lymph nodes either local or distant nodes and from there spreads so it's just the step in between so to speak. So not a new thing to cope with just that you didn't know about it. Really hope your dad continues to improve and hopefully, one day, the diarrhoea will stop! x

Hello Leila, just wanted to say hello (as I follow your posts) and thank you for sharing. Pleased to read you have had some good news. (my dad also has PC)

Take care x

Thank you all for the comments. Was nice to log on to. LMD, hi. Hope you are ok and that your dad is doing ok?

My dad is now being tested to see if he has a adrenal tumour!!! Not what I wanted to hear, but hoping it is just to rule it out. He also had his first visit from a Macmillan nurse yesterday. He never wanted to see one, it was me who pushed him to. She asked him if he would like to visit a hospice once a week, he said no. Then she asked him where he wanted to die! He told her he isn't thinking about that as he feels well at the moment. She told him to give it some thought! Nice! Not very pleased about that. She is going round again in 2 weeks, and I hope she is better for him then.

His diarrhoea is back to being very frequent now he is back on chemo and the weight is falling yet again.

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope everything is ok.

Yeah my dad wasn't amused with the Macmillan nurses either, asking him the same questions.

When your feeling fine it's not exactly what you want to hear.

Also just wanted to say thank you for all your donations! I really appreciate your kindness and help.

Take care

Georgie xxx

Thank you for asking Sandra.

Actually, my dad is doing pretty well. They gave him a double dose of octreotide last week and it seems to be trying to work. Normally he is worse after chemo, he can go 20 times or more. Now, he is only going after food. He goes about 5 times a day now, which he says he can cope with. It still isn't formed, still watery yellow diarrhoea, or spray.

He has also put 2lb which is good. I would have thought he would put more on than that, he really does eat so much food. I saw him Friday. He had 4 slices of toast, then we had a roast dinner and he finished mine off. Then he had 5 pieces of shortbread, mini cheddars and a mars bar, then ham salad and then he ordered a mixed kebab. He is hungry all the time. He does get tired very quickly though. He hasn't spoke anymore about the Macmillan nurse, hopefully next time she goes round she won't talk anymore about the end. If she does, I will call her and say something.

Leila xx

Hi Leila

That is good news about your Dad. It must be a huge relief to him not running to the loo so often and being confident enough to enjoy food again.

Long may it continue!!

Cathy xxxx

Hi Leila,

Finally some better news for you both, lets hope he continues to improve, and if he carries on eating so well hopefully he will put a bit more weight back on. Trevor is back up to 11 stone 12/13 and still eating well too,thankfully,take care sandrax

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Sandra, Cathy and Jeni.

Great news about Trevor, Sandra. It must be so nice to see, hope he is still doing well?

My dad has finally put weight on. He is 9 stone 8 now. I'm so proud of him, he looks really well.

His diarrhoea os still diarrhoea, still no sign of it forming. He is going about 5 times a day now, which he says he can cope with. His appetite is crazy. He has poached egg on toast for breakfast, a full large roast for dinner, and a ham, egg and cheese salad for tea. He then has either a pizza or kebab about 9pm. In between all this he eats crisps, chocolate bars, and cakes. He gets through a large box of Marks and Spencer shortbread a week. I take him lots of goodies every week and it is always gone. He even woke other night at 1.30am and went downstairs for a packet of Quavers and 2 Double Decker's! He must be eating about 5000 calories a day.

A friend of his that he sees when he has chemo, his cancer has got quite aggressive and I think it brought my dad back to reality today. My dad doesn't know much about this disease, he didn't realise the cancer could still grow

, even when having chemo. I was told he was quite upset there today. He told the nurses that it scared him a bit.

I am going with him when he has his next CT scan, and I am going to be shown how to flush his PICC line.

I know his results won't show shrinkage forever, but I just want my dad to realise just how well he is doing right now. He has such a amazing appetite, he is slowly putting weight on and he has no pain, and compared to so many people at stage 4, he is well and truly amazing. I just want to enjoy this time with my wonderful, so much loved, dad.

Leila xx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Such great news Leila!

Must be a relief after so long - at least there seems to be a few improvements, and what an appetite as you say! He certainly is doing a great job of getting those calories in. It seem to be doing the trick - its good that his appetite is so healthy, as many suffer the opposite, so grab hold of the good times as you say.

Take care,

Jeni.

Hi again - I just read your post - great to read your dad is doing well. Long may it continue.....

Thank you for asking after my dad (1 of your posts which I've only just read), he's doing ok.

Take care x

Hi Leila,

What great news that your Dads diarrhoea is improving, and wow what an appetite, thought Trevor was always snacking, as well as eating good meals, but he can't eat that much.

We have just had a few days in London, with our grandson, he's 14, we are trying to get a few visits in as Trevor's CA 19 markers are rising again up from 220 to 846 on 30/June, we know that he will have to go back on treatment, we are just waiting for a scan.

Really pleased about your dad, take care sandrax

Hi all.

Will return peoples replies when I get home. With my dad at the moment and he has a question for me to ask.

Should he take creon when he has alcohol?

Thank you

Leila xx

Hi Leila,

There is no fat in alcohol, might be wrong but don't think you need to, unless like Paul your Dad had 2 packets of crisps with it!

Nikki

Thank you Nikki

Just told him. He normally has a kebab or pizza with it! He'll obviously take creon then.

Will update later. Just on train home.

Leila x

LMD pleased your doing is doing ok. Is he able to put any weight on yet?

Sandra- Thank you, dad is eating very well and the weight is slowly creeping back up. Has Trevor had the scan yet? Please let me the outcome.

Leila xx